Issued Check-In For 3PM?

Fla Mike

I just received my e tickets for our November Divina sailing and it says not to arrive before 15:00?

Is this correct?

Ship does not depart until 6PM, but really 3PM!

Has anyone else gotten a late check-in like this, and really with the ships being so empty, can I just show up whenever?

Thanks!

I can assure you, there were very few folks boarding that late two weeks ago.  For just starting up Port Canaveral operations for MSC the SMS port services company had very little problem keeping up even with the early arrivals like us.  

I would ignore the time, and show up when you feel comfortable.

Dennis

Same for us. We’re on Divina 11/14 and since final payment our boarding time has been showing as 3pm on the MSC site. 
We will be returning a rental car at noon in Port Canaveral so we’ll be taking the shuttle to the pier and arriving around 12:30. 
We don’t anticipate any issue with that especially after reading so many posts on here about this. 

We have 2 boarding times 10 and 1 for our next sailing.  We will show up after 11 so we can have good place to park and if they give us any problem we will point it to their boarding tickets and will see the outcome.  First time with MSC and hope for a good experience.  Stay tune.

Edited by ChattTenn

I've yet to see anyone report on here that they were turned away from check-in because they arrived too early. When we sailed on MSC Seaview recently, no one at the pier ever asked to see our designated embarkation time. They are indeed trying to spread people out but once you're at the terminal, just get in line.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, quattrohead said:

Spoiler.....we are now booked on this cruise too !!!!!

Yes 3PM boarding time, I think we will turn up around 11:30 and see how it goes.

I know you will have better luck boarding this time than you did with the Magic a few weeks ago, we were on that cruise also.

Although we had a good time, you really did not miss much.

1 hour ago, Huntingdon1701 said:

They're boarding all ships a lot later to allow for the extra covid-related cleaning.

Trust me, the ships are not so empty that you'll get on without a queue. On Splendida at the moment and she's about 80% full. 

Ships out of FL are at 25-33% capacity  only Americans on board currently so the numbers are ridiculously low

Europe is a whole other situation 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, NRWPA said:

I'm on Meraviglia tomorrow. 11 boarding time on ticket, text says 1, msc online says 12:30. I'll get there when I get there I guess 

I am also on the Mera tomorrow.   Negative tests, and everything printed out - twice!

I'm with ya.....  Flight arrives around 10am.   When I get there, I get there.  I have boarding e-doc @ 11am,  emails 1:30pm, and 2:30pm.  MSC app says 1:30, and a new email about 10 mins ago states 2:30pm to 3pm.   Just going to look for the white tent for YC, and hopefully will get on when they let me on.    Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1