Onboard Credit vs. Shore Excursion Credit

dugknight

We booked a sky suite on Edge in the Med for next year. The details show an onboard credit and shore excursion credit. I didn’t see any details on how much for each. I know the total credit is for $850 though. I was hoping all $850 would be available for either of the two, in case we don’t do any of their excursions. Is that not the case?

I think the breakdown of credit was $300, $300, and $250. My guess is the $250 is for shore excursions…but rather use for regular onboard credit. 

Any ideas or past experience?

I was just on the Edge and asked that very same question with Future Cruises. Apparently as of last week, my celebrity agent went thru all the small  print and came up with, "It really doesn't say what the split is.  My cruise I just finished  was all OBC.  I did do a future with more OBC but don't know if I also have excursion credit too.  I know not a great answer, but I don't think even Celebrity knows the answer ,

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Missymo said:

I was just on the Edge and asked that very same question with Future Cruises. Apparently as of last week, my celebrity agent went thru all the small  print and came up with, "It really doesn't say what the split is.  My cruise I just finished  was all OBC.  I did do a future with more OBC but don't know if I also have excursion credit too.  I know not a great answer, but I don't think even Celebrity knows the answer ,

Thanks for taking the time to answer. Any details help. 😉 

11 minutes ago, dugknight said:

Thanks for taking the time to answer. Any details help. 😉 

I have two upcoming cruises in 2022, each one has $800/OBC and no indication of any restrictions.  I have booked both shore ex and specialty dining with some of it already and all are currently in my planner.  

16 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

I have two upcoming cruises in 2022, each one has $800/OBC and no indication of any restrictions.  I have booked both shore ex and specialty dining with some of it already and all are currently in my planner.  

Oh nice, I’ll look in my planner and see if I can tell. Did they specifically tell you you’re getting a credit for excursions too?

1 hour ago, dugknight said:

I think the breakdown of credit was $300, $300, and $250. My guess is the $250 is for shore excursions…but rather use for regular onboard credit. 

These are all from Celebrity, for your booking, nothing else?  Where are you seeing this breakdown?  It's the first I've heard of any such breakdown.   Celebrity calls the perk a shorex credit, but in my experience (and that of others who have posted in this forum) it's undifferentiated OBC that can be used for anything OBC can be used for.

Have you checked in your Cruise Planner, where your available OBC for pre-cruise and on-board purchases is shown at the top of your screen?  What is it showing?

9 minutes ago, dugknight said:

Oh nice, I’ll look in my planner and see if I can tell. Did they specifically tell you you’re getting a credit for excursions too?

No there was nothing indicating exceptions, all lumped together as total $800 OBC.  Booked 3 excursions and three specialty dinners , all have seemingly been accepted as they are in my planner.  I did this in June for a Beyond cruise in October 2022.

29 minutes ago, dugknight said:

Mine was described in the promo or perk as "shorex credit," but it showed up in my Cruise Planner as undifferentiated OBC.

• Like 1