What is cruising like these days?

On 10/9/2021 at 8:33 AM, firefly333 said:

Dont book for itinerary as it can change at the drop of a hat. My march 27 just got changed.

I hated wearing a mask in all my ports in the heat and humidity and didnt stay long. I'm just not into masks though others will post and say no big deal. 

Buffet isnt open for dinner unless its changed, maybe ship to ship. 

Diamond doesnt have happy hour drinks, you get 4 5 or 6 loaded to your account for any time any where, though you can use them in the diamond lounge. Drinks can be coffee or whatever you like. 

Edited by iuki
Sorry. Not sure how to post anymore. It’s been a while.

What are the main services that are cut back?  Someone mentioned buffets were closed but based on the posts they appear to open, just not self serve

Also, one more question - does RCCL still have assigned dining or is it more like NCL with freestyle?

thanks in advance- cruise on!

Edited by jmsnyc
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, jmsnyc said:

What are the main services that are cut back?  Someone mentioned buffets were closed but based on the posts they appear to open, just not self serve

With current reduced capacities, buffet is closed for DINNER, but open for breakfast and lunch.  And yes, served cafeteria-style, not self-serve anymore.  (Many of us think that will continue post-COVID.)

12 hours ago, jmsnyc said:

Also, one more question - does RCCL still have assigned dining or is it more like NCL with freestyle?

Both are available.  Fixed seating (early or late), or My Time Dining (show up whenever, or make reservations for a specific time).

15 hours ago, brillohead said:

Both are available.  Fixed seating (early or late), or My Time Dining (show up whenever, or make reservations for a specific time).

Thanks.  Traveling solo I always find dinner awkward.   But in the old days , fixed seating, people always show up to the table so you never eat alone.  My last cruise was Norwegian and that was not the case.   These days, you can show up to a table and be the only one there

5 minutes ago, jmsnyc said:

Thanks.  Traveling solo I always find dinner awkward.   But in the old days , fixed seating, people always show up to the table so you never eat alone.  My last cruise was Norwegian and that was not the case.   These days, you can show up to a table and be the only one there

I often travel solo.  In the before-times, I've been alone at a table and I've been seated with others, and I'm fine with either way -- I keep my Kindle with me, so if I'm alone, I just read during dinner.

If you're active in your Roll Call, you may find people who would like to share a table -- you can link your reservations and you'll be seated together automatically.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, brillohead said:

If you're active in your Roll Call, you may find people who would like to share a table -- you can link your reservations and you'll be seated together automatically.

Thanks.  That is a good idea.

• Like 1