HAL Koningsdam 10/10/2021 Coastal California Trip Report LIVE(ish)

nimi17

5 hours ago, canadianbear said:

Happy 40th!!  Wonderful way to celebrate it and you picked a great ship.  We really loved the Koningsdam and hope you do too.  Looking forward to following along.  Bon Voyage! 

Thank you! Everything is looking spic and span and we can’t wait to hit the ocean ️🛳

5 hours ago, Lido deck main said:

Happy 40th Birthday.  Hope you have a great cruise.  Will be following.  Hopefully you will be embarking soon. I think the weather will be nice for sail away.  Bon Voyage

It’s absolutely beautiful here in San Diego. The weather was a little chilly earlier in the week but is nice and warm for today’s cruise. Thank you! 🙏🛳🥂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Taters said:

What an exciting day you have in store!  Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience.  DH and I are eagerly anticipating our B2B cruises on Koningsdam next month.  I hope you have the best time!

Thank you! We’ve yet to do a B2B so I hope you’ll be writing a TR of your own when time comes so I can live vicariously through you 😄🛳

• Like 2

4 hours ago, croozer said:

I'm going to be on the sailing next week, so I will be hanging onto your every word.  I hope you have a marvelous time and I look forward to your posts.  Thank you for doing this.

It’s my pleasure! Happy sailing 🛳🙏🥂

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Have a wonderful birthday cruise! A great way to start a new decade & “new year”!

Thank you 🙏 This is my first birthday cruise out of what I hope are many more to come! 🥳

• Like 3

2 hours ago, nimi17 said:

Make sure your hands are free as you’ll need to hold up the documents yourself! They are not allowed to touch them although YMMV as I saw some indeed handling them (your paperwork).

Required documents:

1) passport

2) vax card

3) COVID test result

4) boarding pass

F0F1156D-8FA0-4B7F-A864-AF83AE1C80D7.jpeg

Following along as we are set for the 10/31 cruise.  Will be interested  to hear your reporting.  Can I have my covid test results on my phone or domi need to print the results?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Marion B said:

Thank you nimi17.  I figured your time might be different because you're doing the coastal and we're the Mexican Riviera.  It's after 5:00 in my time zone, so I've already uncorked the wine - and it's the good stuff - New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc.

I'm so happy for you and all others onboard.  Seth's Facebook video already put me in a celebratory mood.

That may be it 😅 and thank you again 🙏 please enjoy that wine for me! 🍷

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, nimi17 said:

Views from cabin 4209

A92ED1FB-44D7-4D2F-8084-0D1617ECBEDC.jpeg

38BB328D-E44C-4B84-B868-60802657A19E.jpeg

B73D881C-B7A4-4112-91AE-65F8D8A6E5C2.jpeg

52D0BCC8-B8E6-428E-8A6F-60B2C5DF8EAA.jpeg

79B6609C-E70D-48D9-A823-C27FF196FCA2.jpeg

It's a beautiful day in SD isn't it?...You should have a fab sail away and a great sunset if the last few nights are any indication!! Enjoy and thanks for giving us all the "scoop". We sail on her 12/12!

• Like 3

Have a great sail away.  Great weather here today.  If you could post photos of the main dining room menu for dinner that would be great. For some reason my navigator app is only showing me a couple and it seems to have not updated in a week. I'm interested to see what the offerings are. Happy birthday and have a great time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, san diego spartan said:

Have a great sail away.  Great weather here today.  If you could post photos of the main dining room menu for dinner that would be great. For some reason my navigator app is only showing me a couple and it seems to have not updated in a week. I'm interested to see what the offerings are. Happy birthday and have a great time.

Thank you! Right now, it’s only showing breakfast and lunch but I’ll be sure to post dinner as well.

ED6B3B2C-6046-4B6F-BAEE-ACE5FBA769C7.png

6B8C3491-9A97-4671-8C4C-42F3B3927ACB.png

6A690321-43B5-4772-803D-25180DE07255.png

EC3377D4-E827-4E27-AD80-78E65775DD93.png

B696A819-7A61-48EF-91C3-684465C5DA05.jpeg

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, albingirl said:

It is so much fun turning 40 and I wish you a very happy cruise!!!

Oh yes, I started my birthday season (hey, you turn 40 only once 😅) in Vegas, followed by 3 weeks in San Diego, and I’m capping off my west coast extravaganza with this cruise 🥳🛳🥂🎉🎉🎉

Thank you 😊 

• Like 9

30 minutes ago, san diego spartan said:

Following along as we are set for the 10/31 cruise.  Will be interested  to hear your reporting.  Can I have my covid test results on my phone or domi need to print the results?

I am not sure if they are accepting digital versions but we decided to print ours out just in case.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, LuAnn said:

It's a beautiful day in SD isn't it?...You should have a fab sail away and a great sunset if the last few nights are any indication!! Enjoy and thanks for giving us all the "scoop". We sail on her 12/12!

It’s absolutely my pleasure, LuAnn 🥂🛳

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, san diego spartan said:

And here’s dinner 🍽🥗

53449CF5-0007-4C23-8268-2110D7F71E8B.png

F19822C4-4B9A-41FA-A843-A8928A43047E.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The live webcam had crisp, clear shots (with closeups) of the ship, from the moment she backed out of the B Street Pier until she sailed by the Cabrillo Monument into the Pacific.  What a beautiful sight.

Thanks for the menus.  Enjoy.

PS - Birthday flowers from your husband - he's a keeper.

• Like 3