Guest speakers question

etruriaguy

We are (hopefully) onboard Queen Elizabeth’s November 1st sailing to the canaries and was wondering if there was an easier way to find out which speakers will be on our voyage.  They used to have a full list of all voyages that was easy to follow but now the website takes you to a list of speakers which you have to click on individually to find out which voyage they are on?  It’s often doesn’t work when you click on their picture so wonder if anyone has seen another way of finding out which speaker is on each voyage?

many thanks. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, etruriaguy said:

We are (hopefully) onboard Queen Elizabeth’s November 1st sailing to the canaries and was wondering if there was an easier way to find out which speakers will be on our voyage.  They used to have a full list of all voyages that was easy to follow but now the website takes you to a list of speakers which you have to click on individually to find out which voyage they are on?  It’s often doesn’t work when you click on their picture so wonder if anyone has seen another way of finding out which speaker is on each voyage?

many thanks. 

@etruriaguy, could you point me to where you are seeing "a list of speakers which you have to click on individually to find out which voyage they are on?" I know I've seen such a list and I thought it was found here under "The experience", "Guest speakers".

https://www.cunard.com/en-gb/the-cunard-experience/guestspeakers

Now all I'm seeing there on the Cunard UK website is a page "Introducing our Artist in Residence" and a link to "Discover our Event Voyages".

Regardless of where it is, I agree that page with all the speakers' photos hasn't been all that useful. The links that did work mostly just pointed me to Event Voyages such as the "Literature Festival at Sea" or "Australia's Gardening Journey". We could already find the speakers for those voyages listed on their Event Voyages pages.

Sorry to say, I know of no way to find out who the speakers will be for your November 1st QE sailing. Cunard hasn't provided master schedules of Insights Guest Lecturers that I've been able to find since the pause in operations last year.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, etruriaguy said:

many thanks. 

I'm also onboard QE for the 1st November, however, due to the present climate we are in it is not possible at the moment to have 'confirmation in advance' who the insight lecturers/entertainers will be.

As I understand it, Cunard answered this question to a poster recently on their corporate face book page .

"We will have to wait until we are onboard"

I expect this is because Cunard itineraries and schedules have been changing frequently.  I have a couple of good friends who lecture onboard Cunard ( and also a well known British comedian)  who I understand have been given very short notice to join the QE during the last month or so for the UK staycation cruises.  

• Like 2

Thank you both for your replies. 

bluemarble, I looked again and yes I found the same as you. Just a page now with artist in residence instead.  

bellboy,  oooh not long to go now. Fingers crossed yay.  I did suspect as much and agree that is the likely reason due to all the uncertainty.   It will be a pleasant surprise I’m sure when we get onboard.   
have a lovely trip when it comes.  If you see an odd guy with a 9 foot selfie stick and a 360. Camera on the end that’ll be me haha. Come say hi haha 😆