Testing + at the end of your cruise - what are the odds?!

Dr. Cocktail

7 minutes ago, Airbalancer said:

Our next cruise is the Apex TA April 30 , I don’t think we will have much to worry about at that time 

we will probably have 3 doses of the vaccine just not sure if we grow a tail by than 😁

🎵

Go ask Alice
I think she'll know.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Celebrity is one of the few lines that will test Canadians pre-disembarkation to facilitate their flights home. Since they introduced the program, I've not read of a single positive case, either on CC or in the news media. I've also seen no cases reported by Don or other YouTube vloggers. That's not to say that not one case has occurred, but it would appear that at worst the percentage would be miniscule.

Celebrity ships have also been in CDC's colour coding for some weeks now, indicating no reported cases. Across all cruise lines there are a number of ships coded Yellow, but with the reduced number of passengers typically sailing currently, the threshold for CDC investigating is a single suspected or confirmed case of COVID.

With required vaccination, pre-cruise testing, reduced passenger loads and a range of health and safety protocols, I am very optimistic about sailing on Celebrity. I've not been following other lines as closely since the pandemic, so I'll withhold comment on those.

My biggest COVID concern, and the only one at this point in time that might make me cancel our March 2022 cruise, is having to cruise out of Fort Lauderdale. 

Whats wrong with Fort Lauderdale ?  I never had issues with flying in or out  or leaving on a cruise .

I like it because its close to the airport . 3 hour direct flight to and from Toronto.

What issues did you have ?  Just curious .  thanks

• Like 1

Celebrity is one of the few lines that will test Canadians pre-disembarkation to facilitate their flights home. Since they introduced the program, I've not read of a single positive case, either on CC or in the news media. I've also seen no cases reported by Don or other YouTube vloggers. That's not to say that not one case has occurred, but it would appear that at worst the percentage would be miniscule.

Celebrity ships have also been in CDC's colour coding for some weeks now, indicating no reported cases. Across all cruise lines there are a number of ships coded Yellow, but with the reduced number of passengers typically sailing currently, the threshold for CDC investigating is a single suspected or confirmed case of COVID.

With required vaccination, pre-cruise testing, reduced passenger loads and a range of health and safety protocols, I am very optimistic about sailing on Celebrity. I've not been following other lines as closely since the pandemic, so I'll withhold comment on those.

My biggest COVID concern, and the only one at this point in time that might make me cancel our March 2022 cruise, is having to cruise out of Fort Lauderdale. 

Whats wrong with Fort Lauderdale ?  I never had issues with flying in or out  or leaving on a cruise .

I like it because its close to the airport . 3 hour direct flight to and from Toronto.

6 minutes ago, loman said:

My concern with Florida was just the really high number of COVID cases.  I do think that their case numbers are coming down now though (I think they are about 1/3 of the new daily cases as they were averaging in August).  Otherwise, I agree, Fort Lauderdale is an easy port to cruise out of and convenient with the airport so close to the port.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, loman said:

Florida until very recently led the US in COVID cases. While things have improved, their 7-day rolling average is still 5 times that of Ontario. Yesterday's 7-day averages were 2,578 versus 525 new cases.

I rather like Fort Lauderdale, have friends who live there and others who are snowbirds with a condo there, so we've enjoyed spending time there in the past. But with the current prevalence of COVID, and the ongoing antics of DeSantis, we'll wait as long as possible to make a decision. I anticipate that by next March the COVID situation will be much improved in Florida, but we've thought that in the past only to see cases sky rocket again.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Airbalancer said:

Our next cruise is the Apex TA April 30 , I don’t think we will have much to worry about at that time 

we will probably have 3 doses of the vaccine just not sure if we grow a tail by than 😁

🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1