Celebrity Ship capacity

rkak

Looking at a few cruises, it looks like the 7th deck on the Summit are all not available.  It it possible that is the deck where they send the quarantined passengers until they can debark them from the ship?

7 minutes ago, AACJ said:

Looking at a few cruises, it looks like the 7th deck on the Summit are all not available.  It it possible that is the deck where they send the quarantined passengers until they can debark them from the ship?

you make it sound like an infirmary where hundreds need to be quarantined 

• Haha 1

On 10/14/2021 at 10:20 AM, Guppy99 said:

Read again. Much of what is being discussed hearsay, assumptions based on personal opinion and supposition.  Even harder in 202 to separate the wheat from the chaff. 

When it comes to number of passengers on a specific sailing, Canderson is correct. They announce them during the sailing. For example, in my recent Apex sailing in Sept, the Cruise Director volunteered this information to everyone on the first night on the ship. Others have reported similar experiences. So it's not an assumption or an opinion. It's simply reporting and relaying the information to the readers of this forum.

Edited by ETHTrader

25 minutes ago, AACJ said:

Where entire decks are blocked, and I'm not saying this is the reason for your specific note regarding Summit's deck 7, this has been done on other ships to provide extra space for new crew who must quarantine for 14 days before going into active service aboard a ship.  They must quarantine solo, and Celebrity is using what are normally pax quarters to accomplish this.  Even their meals are left outside their doors to minimize contact during the required quarantine period.

4 hours ago, AACJ said:

I stayed on deck 7 on the Summit last month.  I didn't see any signs of quarantine, at least on my side of the ship (I didn't check the other side - no reason to).  So if they're blocking off that deck from bookings, it looks like something new.