Formal Nights on Anthem , Advice needed.

Can you tell me how many formal Nights there are on Anthem of the Seas on a 5 nt cruise. On the Royal Caribbean website it says 1 formal night, but on my cruise planner it says 2.  The 2nd formal night if there is one, is on the Saturday when ship  is in Belfast (23rd October) , would they have a formal night on a port day when the ship doesn't leave till 9:30 pm , so I suppose last boarding would be about 9pm ?  Seems a bit strange.  This is for 20th October  sailing. Anyone been on a 5 nt on Anthem that could clarify. Thanks.

29 minutes ago, dunscrimpin said:

Can you tell me how many formal Nights there are on Anthem of the Seas on a 5 nt cruise.

If this is about dressing for it, then it doesn’t matter as you can wear whatever. Those sailings are unique enough that things could change, even after you’ve sailed and past sailings may not be indicative of what to expect. @little britainmay have some input. 

Edited by Biker19

"Dress Your Best" night (aka formerly Formal Night) on an Anthem 5 night sailing is Night 2.  We only had 1 Formal Night on all 5 Night Sailings.  .  On our Formal Nights last week on Symphony - you saw everything from Gowns to Shorts.  Most people dressed up a little more than usual.  It was nice seeing all the families that were having ships photos taken - all coordinate their attire.  We did have 2 formal nights on Symphony (7 Night sailing), most dressed up the 1st night and few the 2d night.

41 minutes ago, dunscrimpin said:

Can you tell me how many formal Nights there are on Anthem of the Seas on a 5 nt cruise. On the Royal Caribbean website it says 1 formal night, but on my cruise planner it says 2.  The 2nd formal night if there is one, is on the Saturday when ship  is in Belfast (23rd October) , would they have a formal night on a port day when the ship doesn't leave till 9:30 pm , so I suppose last boarding would be about 9pm ?  Seems a bit strange.  This is for 20th October  sailing. Anyone been on a 5 nt on Anthem that could clarify. Thanks.

We’re currently on Anthem but it’s a 6 nights cruise not 5. Not sure if it helps at all but there’s 2 formal nights this sailing, the first was the second night we were on board, the second is tomorrow night when we’re in Belfast. However, latest boarding is 4:30pm, I think we sail at 5:00.

Edited by CaroleC
  • Like 1

It's funny how Americans immediately jump in with saying that you should dress any way you want, and ignore suggestions.  Many parts of the world still understand that a formal night or dress you best night, really means that and not a night to wear a t-shirt and jeans.  To answer the poster, I don't recall ever seeing a formal night on a night in port where boarding is so late.  Than again, I don't remember being on the ship early enough to go to dining room on those nights to care.  I believe any cruise over 5 nights has 2 nights.

• Like 1

I pack light and I don't intend to pack a suit, ties, dress shirts, dress shoes, etc. for an 11 night Caribbean cruise. Sorry. I'm cruising to relax. That said I'm not going to wear shorts and a t-shirt on "formal" night, but I'll dress casual.