Celebrity Air Website Bait & Switch?

Dr65

Hi: this has probably been hashed out before but Celebrity Air for a month has shown air with $100 off. I went to book it by phone and they said the website price is wrong???!!! It’s $386 on website but $486 on phone. Celebrity claims website is not always the right price? Huh? Any one else have this issue? Thanks

We just booked air for two cruises on Edge and Apex and the price we saw online was the price charged to our booking.  One was booked two weeks ago and one yesterday.  Sorry, you’re having the issue.  Why don’t you go ahead and just book it online….it’s a very easy process.  Please let us know if you get this resolved.

23 minutes ago, Dr65 said:

Hi: this has probably been hashed out before but Celebrity Air for a month has shown air with $100 off. I went to book it by phone and they said the website price is wrong???!!! It’s $386 on website but $486 on phone. Celebrity claims website is not always the right price? Huh? Any one else have this issue? Thanks

To get the current air promotion the sailing must have been booked between 9/24 and 11/1 with a sailing date between Oct 26 and Oct 20, 2022. If you are using the quote button rather than logging in through your account, you will see the lower price reflecting the discount offer. 

7 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

It is also not unusual for flights to cost more if booking by a phone call (requiring personal intervention) rather than booking online.

Perhaps, booking directly with the airline, but Celebrity flights fares are pretty consistent whether online or by phone.  What I see online has always been offered by the agent on the phone.

36 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

Perhaps, booking directly with the airline, but Celebrity flights fares are pretty consistent whether online or by phone.  What I see online has always been offered by the agent on the phone.

Usually what I have seen is when I try to book it is higher by calling versus booking online.  

Most airlines will charge more if calling directly now.  I do all mine on line, Each site is a bit different but I mainly only will use Jet Blue and American.  Very simple to compare and rather do it thru the airlines for the ease of change etc these days.  

15 hours ago, bikerunner said:

Most airlines will charge more if calling directly now.  I do all mine on line, Each site is a bit different but I mainly only will use Jet Blue and American.  Very simple to compare and rather do it thru the airlines for the ease of change etc these days.  

The OP was discussing booking with Celebrity Air NOT directly with the airline.  Big difference.  Celebrity Air is very consistent with fares shown online and booked over the phone with a Flights by Celebrity agent.  I am aware that dealing directly with the airline can mean price variables.