Refund - Well done TUI

Got notification recently about my cancelled cruise in December, disappointing but I understand.

They said they would contact me re refund or credit another cruise within 10 days, this they did on the 9th day and refund recieved today on the 12th Day.

The shortest wait I had forrefunds from my previous 3 cancelled cruises with other cruise companies was 3 months.

Sorry we can't agree with ' well done Tui' as in  March 2020 we had a cancellation and they promised a BACS refund, in writing, which was two days prior to them closing the TAs but after many months they only sent vouchers which run out this year. We have had great cruises with them, well over fifty,  however I do believe they have now sorted themselves out and that it was, for us, probably the worst time to have a cancellation. But certainly not well done. 

Hi PC.

The way that TUI treated customers at the start of the pandemic was diabolical, Lots of us had holidays cancelled and empty promises of refunds that took months to materialise didn’t do much for customer relations. As you say they seem to have got their act together now but plaudits and praise for the corporate side are difficult to hand out after the way customers were treated. Fortunately for TUI the Marella brand and crew are one of the saving graces and UK customers are pretty loyal to it.

I recall that your own experience didn’t have a very good outcome and this is where they let themselves down regarding loyal customers.

From me it’s a thumbs down for TUI but a thumbs up for Marella.

Keep well BJ.😉