True or False... MTD opens later post-Covid than it used to?

On 10/14/2021 at 11:05 AM, davekathy said:

We have MTD reservations for 6:00 PM (always our preference) each night of our March 2022 B2B Caribbean cruise on the Explorer. 

Did you see how long the lines were each night waiting to get in?...we usually walked out of dining room deck #3 just before 7pm...WOW !!!!

We had a great table over by the window for 4 just the two of us.

We had to take MDR for 5:00pm for our upcoming Harmony..MTD wasn't available until 7:30 and we'll be traveling with small kids.

5 minutes ago, brillohead said:

If you know in advance you might be late on a certain day, let your servers know in advance so they don't give your table away to someone wanting it for MTD. And please hurry your meal along so they can turn over the table in time for the late seating people assigned to that table. (Check out the menu in advance so you know your order as soon as you arrive, and don't dawdle over each course.)

If you are at a table with others not in your party, it's best to eat in the buffet or other venue if you can't be on time.  It's not fair to throw off everyone else's meal because you can't get there at your chosen time.

Thanks for the reply. We were planning on just going to the windjammer the days we can't make it, but just thought I would ask.  Will be sure to let our servers know when we can't make it.

• Like 1

I have not been on an RCI cruise since 2008 (Navigator, my time). I have been looking at You Tube reviews of Anthem (2022). They all claim that the two upper level MDRs are fixed times and that the two lower deck MDRs are for My Time. Can anybody confirm that? I am booking an Anthem transatlantic on 04/07/21 for 10/15/23 and would like some guidance.

jim

8 hours ago, Ashland said:

We had to take MDR for 5:00pm for our upcoming Harmony..MTD wasn't available until 7:30 and we'll be traveling with small kids.

This is what our Traditional dining time was on our upcoming Ovation Alaska cruise and never have seen it be this early. Is this going to become the new norm I wonder?? We switched to MTD and now have 7 pm on our port days but on cruising days the earlies was 7:45 which sucks. Is it possible to walk up earlier to get a table? We've always done traditional dining so this will be new to us.