Ensenada food suggestions

Bananaboatcrew

My Fiancé and I just booked a semi last second cruise for Nov 1st on the Miracle and were looking for suggestions on the best place for street tacos. We have an ATV excursion planned that morning but plan on being dropped off in the city for a late lunch after out excursion. Any suggestions would be appreciated as we have never been to Ensenada before. 

On 10/14/2021 at 8:19 AM, Bananaboatcrew said:

suggestions on the best place for street tacos

While not exactly tacos, my favorite cart in the tourist center of Ensenada would be "La Guerrerense" for seafood tostados.  Locals and tourists eat there.  They also have a sit down restaurant across the street which is more expensive if you don't like eating while standing up. The menu inside is bigger as they have a real kitchen.

Here is a link: https://hellojetlag.com/la-guerrerense-ensenada/

On 10/14/2021 at 8:27 AM, crewsweeper said:

Check out Muelle3, Pancracia, or Punta Morro

I like Muelle3 and it is part of the tourist center.   Easy for someone to walk to and from the ship.

I don't know Pancracia so I looked.  It's in Valle de Guadalupe and would be a long drive out and back for lunch.   Valle has tons of restaurant options.  One of my favorites for visitors looking for a bit of classic Mexican food would be "La Casa de Dona Estela."  It's a place that everyone goes to during the day in Valle.

Punta Morro really isn't really my favorite.  The view and service is nice, but the food to me is just OK.   Maybe it was just the day I went for dinner.  I  did like the Sunday Brunch which was the other time I went there.  The problem for cruise visitors is that Punta Morro is pretty far away from Centro requiring a decent cab/car ride.  

Just my $.02 

Edited by SelectSys

• 2 weeks later...

If you are a foodie and porting into Ensenada; I HIGHLY recommend La Guererense. Anthony Bourdain called it the best street food in the whole world. amazing fresh seafood. I have been going there for years. They have their own fishermen catching everything for them so they dont have to use the market. a horse drawn carriage will take you there for about $10, but its not a long walk from the cruise terminal either.

https://laguerrerense.com

• Thanks 1