2 DAY PRECRUISE TESTING

excarrier

I'm in Tampa and I plan to leave on Thursday for our departure on Friday, November 5th, and stay overnight in the Dania Beach area.  I was wondering if anyone has first hand information/experience on the BinaxNOW medically supervised home test.  I have read reviews where wait times were around 4 hours to be "medically supervised" and you couldn't do everyone in your party at the same time.  ❤ 

Several cruisers and travelers I know have used it and love it.  Most have experienced 15 minute turnarounds and have results in less than that.  We only know of couples who have used it though, not larger groups.

We also have ordered the tests and will take them on the 3d or 4th of November.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 0bnxshs said:

Several cruisers and travelers I know have used it and love it.  Most have experienced 15 minute turnarounds and have results in less than that.  We only know of couples who have used it though, not larger groups.

We also have ordered the tests and will take them on the 3d or 4th of November.

Very easy we did ours at home where it was quiet for our last cruise which was last week.

Download navica app.

One minute wait for medical person.  Test was a few minutes and wait 15 minutes and select that you are ready for medical person to return and inspect the test card.  They will email results and they are in navica app as well.

Will be testing on the 3rd at home for Rotterdam!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/14/2021 at 1:13 PM, excarrier said:

I have read reviews where wait times were around 4 hours to be "medically supervised" and you couldn't do everyone in your party at the same time.

Any service will have peaks and valley for wait times. Our experience has been in single digit minutes - if not immediate - as have most I have read about.

Each person/test is run individually, and each person must have their own account set up via the NAVICA app. So one-at-a-time on a single device with App Log-Out / Log-In required. However, the test can be run via Mobile Phone / iPad, or computer with the NAVICA user name and Password. No reason a household could not run simultaneously on separate devices.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2021 at 1:13 PM, excarrier said:

…I was wondering if anyone has first hand information/experience on the BinaxNOW medically supervised home test….

Here’s some more experiences shared with the Abbott BinaxNOW test.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2800711-question-re-abbott-binaxnow-testing/

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2802829-abbott-binaxnow-covid-test-expiration/

Edited by syesmar

We (3) did the test in late September.  It went very smoothly.  Less than a minute wait in queue, test & wait 15 minutes.  Monitor returns, checks result, has you verify result and shortly after that, we each received both an email & the Navica app showing the negative result.  Whole process took < 1/2 hr each.  We plan to use our other 3 tests on Nov 4th for our Nov 6th Symphony cruise.

56 minutes ago, Jemima said:

I don't think we can do the home test.  Does it require the tester to speak and to completely handle their swab?  If so, one of us can't do the test.

That is a very good question I would call emed and explain that to them.  They may have someway to help or they may not.  We both had to speak with the medical person and do our own test but that doesn't mean they can't help your situation.