Limited Bubble Tours

BoozinCroozin

We are on an 8-night, 4-port cruise. Only one of the ports has bubble excursions: Amber Cove. 1 of the 4 no one would even consider taking after seeing a video of PlayaBachata. The question really is, if the kids can't get off the ship and no clubs open, the parents are stuck on the ship as well with the kids. Is that the case?

How far out is your cruise? We are on a 6nt with 3 ports, one being Half Moon Cay where no bubble tours are needed. For Bimini Bubble Tours weren't posted until about a month out from the cruise. Long story short, it could take a while for them to get the bubble tours into the system. Keep checking back. 

We are doing the PlayaBachata Bubble tour in 2 weeks due to the very limited bubble tour options in Amber Cove. 

I believe that one parent could stay on the ship with the kids while the other gets off and explores. Not ideal but a way to get into the port for a bit. 

We are 36 days out. St Thomas, St Maarten, and San Juan have no bubble tours. 2 of the 4 on Amber Cove are horrible. The other two are questionable at best. I know a lot of people in our cruise group are asking because they fear they are going to be on the ship only for 8-nights. 

Playa Bachata is a fairly decent Bubble tour. My 4 year old and I have been twice on bubble tours and we had a blast. It really is a fun time and is what you make of it. The food is terrible but there are plenty of free flowing drinks and pretty good swimming and snorkeling if you bring your own snorkel. I would definitely go again if given the opportunity.

1 hour ago, mommysoncruiser said:

Playa Bachata is a fairly decent Bubble tour. My 4 year old and I have been twice on bubble tours and we had a blast. It really is a fun time and is what you make of it. The food is terrible but there are plenty of free flowing drinks and pretty good swimming and snorkeling if you bring your own snorkel. I would definitely go again if given the opportunity.

Go look at the video on YT from early October. That video was clear never to visit there.

I am not 100% certain but I believe certain Caribbean islands are specifically prohibiting unvaccinated folks from coming ashore as a condition for allowing the ship to dock.  This MAY be the issue here.  IF that's true, it stands to reason there won't be Bubble Tours.  I would research further regarding St. Maarten and St. Kitts. 

1 hour ago, BoozinCroozin said:

Go look at the video on YT from early October. That video was clear never to visit there.

I'm not sure what video you are referencing. I am speaking from firsthand experience from less than a week ago (approx 4 days ago). They may have had a bad experience and hated it but I can only speaking from MY personal real life experience.

**Do you have a link or something so I can see what video you are referencing?

Edited by mommysoncruiser

4 minutes ago, mommysoncruiser said:

I'm not sure what video you are referencing. I am speaking from firsthand experience from less that's a week ago (approx 4 days ago). They may have had a bad experience and hated it but I was only speaking from MY personal real life experience.

Do a google search for Playa Bachata Bubble Tour and you'll see some YouTube videos.  Honestly it doesn't look bad.  The food looks not great but the beach looks nice and the drinks are free flowing.

Edited by gtalum

12 minutes ago, gtalum said:

Do a google search for Playa Bachata Bubble Tour and you'll see some YouTube videos.  Honestly it doesn't look bad.  The food looks not great but the beach looks nice and the drinks are free flowing.

I don't need a video for playabachata as I have been twice. I was asking him/her to show me the video that they are referencing since they said the video shows that you should not go. Like I said previously, I enjoyed both times that I went on the bubble tour. The staff are friendly, the food is pretty bad, the booze is bottom shelf, and there are lots of waves. Personally none of these were deal breakers for me since I did not go there for the food but rather a nice relaxing beach day at a clean resort. That's exactly what I got. I would go again if I were offered the chance. If I did not have to do a bubble tour I would not go on one at any port. I just want to see the video and what it shows that makes the person feel that it was so bad.

1 hour ago, mommysoncruiser said:

I'm not sure what video you are referencing. I am speaking from firsthand experience from less than a week ago (approx 4 days ago). They may have had a bad experience and hated it but I can only speaking from MY personal real life experience.

Search EECC Travel and PlayaChabata. 

20 minutes ago, BoozinCroozin said:

I'll trust exactly what I can see over random information without documented proof.  $70 for a beach, meals, drinks, pool, and chairs...but you get this? I wouldn't even go if I was paid $100 to visit it. 

PlayaChabata Review

ok, I have pictures and video that I don't have to share with you or anyone else but very well would have had you been a decent human. The experience they had looks terrible but mine was nothing like this. You are a disgusting person and all you had to do was provide the link without the nasty statement. 1 persons review is not every single persons experience. They are in the business or getting clicks and likes so I expect nothing less than the entertainment and dramatics they gave. My pictures, video, and experience are contrary to this. I can agree with the food being poor and I have stated this much. People who haven't been should not have anything to say to someone who has. But then again you are a boozer so I should expect nothing less than what you gave.

We just got back from a 7 day Pride sailing (10/3-10/10) to Nassau, Freeport, and Half Moon Cay with our 2 kids (9 and 10yr).  There were 2 bubble tours for Nassau and Freeport (each) that were offered.  We did a bubble tour in Nassau out to Blue Lagoon for the Beach/Dolphins.  It was pretty good.  Was kinda odd that there were like 7 tours out to Blue Lagoon island but only 2 of them were "bubble" tours.  Not sure why they couldn't have designated all of them as bubble tours so that there could be a few other options.  In Freeport we left the kids on board and went down the "straw market" to buy some cheap souvenirs.  No issue with leaving the kids on board for an hour or so.  Wouldn't have left them any longer due to the age.