Credit for cancelled cruise

scottjeanne

Seabourn cancelled our Quest Antarctica cruise scheduled for February 2022.  They cancelled it September 7 and promised a refund in 30 days.  I spoke with their agent last week who said it was credited on October 7-give it a few days to hit my credit card.  I called on October 15 and the agent would not speak to me as I had booked through a travel agency.  I had my travel agent call and he was told the credit was made on October 13-give it a few days.  I think they are prevaricating and it is not good practice.  I already have a bad taste in my mouth with Seabourn for cancelling with no equal alternatives.  Seabourn has $50,000 of our money.  Since we had to rebook with another line and pay in full, we are extended by over $100,000.  

We were refunded for our canceled January 2022 Venture cruise within three weeks.  Seabourn was very quick to return our cash after failing to accommodate us in rebooking another cruise.

They were holding about $12,000 of our money from two canceled cruises (Venture and Quest).  The best they could do was give us the same pricing for a 2023 cruise that we could have gotten starting anew and taking advantage of their early bonus discount.

The price for the 2023 cruise was about $10,000, which was covered by the money they already were holding.  But instead of refunding us the difference, they insisted that the remaining $2,000 would be issued as a FCC that would expire about six months after the cruise.

Instead of risking the forfeiture of the $2,000 FCC, we took the 100% refund.  Seabourn lost two bookings by trying to scam us.  Afterward, we contacted Josh Leibowitz about the mishandling of our rebooking.  He turned it over to Reservations, which sent us an arrogant reply that they had treated us fairly and bent over backward to show us goodwill.  We didn't consider their trying to steal $2,000 from us as goodwill.  So now we'll be sailing Silversea instead in 2023.

10 hours ago, Sunviking said:

I was fortunate. My Canceled Quest cruise was refunded to me within a week. Likewise the Silversea cruise on the Wind which I ‘d booked as a replacement was also refunded very quickly.

Very fortunate or lucky!