Transportation from Orlando to Tampa Cruise Port

dresterj

My family and I (4 adults and 1 child) are doing a Christmas cruise from Tampa. However, we plan to spend a few days in Orlando ahead of time. Are there available transportation services for getting from Orlando to the Tampa port? I have looked at rental cars options, but most say that there is no availability for the one way trip (my guess is it is related to the rental car rental because if I were returning to same location cars are available). Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, dresterj said:

My family and I (4 adults and 1 child) are doing a Christmas cruise from Tampa. However, we plan to spend a few days in Orlando ahead of time. Are there available transportation services for getting from Orlando to the Tampa port? I have looked at rental cars options, but most say that there is no availability for the one way trip (my guess is it is related to the rental car rental because if I were returning to same location cars are available). Thanks in advance!

Amtrak runs from downtown Orlando to Tampa. There are also buses that run to Tampa.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, arpie05 said:

Florida there is no issue with one way rentals.  People do it all the time! I have been doing them for 10+ years 🙂

Have you been able to do a one way in FL recently? My searches only return one vendor who charges extremely high prices. If you have found others, I greatly appreciate knowing what vendors. Thanks in advance!