Favorite food restored on NCL

Epiro Funchal

Someone recently started a topic about foods you miss on NCL.

This is the counterpart.

After missing for several years, smoked salmon reappeared last week at the Breakfast Buffet in the Breakaway.

Now you don't have to drag yourself down to the MDR restaurant just to have it.

Edited by Epiro Funchal
missing word
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Shellbelle28 said:

It seems as though lobster has been slowly creeping back onto menus, albeit only with an upcharge and in specialty dining.

You can get it the same surf and turf free in the haven restaurant

22 hours ago, Epiro Funchal said:

Someone recently started a topic about foods you miss on NCL.

This is the counterpart.

After missing for several years, smoked salmon reappeared last week at the Breakfast Buffet in the Breakaway.

Now you don't have to drag yourself down to the MDR restaurant just to have it.

You could ALWAYS get it in the Garden Buffet on Breakaway/Getaway...you just had to ask someone & they'd bring it out for you...lol

Seriously, a few years back I did notice that smoked salmon was missing from the breakfast buffet.  Fortunately one of the officers was nearby & I asked her & she immediately went back into the kitchen & got DW & I some.  She apologized but said they were having tremendous wastage in this item so they decided to not put it out & let pax ask for it.  Silly, but I can kinda understand with the price of smoked salmon being what it is.

They've brought back the filet "Rossini" with pate to the Bistro.  I remember that from years ago when you had your choice of 2 filets, one being the Rossini.

Duck parmentier is gone (finally) with the return of regular duck in a glaze.

For those who enjoyed the bay scallops in the same ramekins as escargots and full of garlic and butter (and bread for dipping), that now has come back on one of the MDR menus.

The chocolate lava cake (with strawberries and gelato) that was on the "always available" MDR dessert menu can now be found on one of the lunch MDR menus.  Same with the tiramisu which was a weekly feature at dinner in the MDR and now can be enjoyed at lunch.

The other big main item that has returned in a big way to the MDR menus is shrimp.  Before the pandemic, "bang bang shrimp and chicken" had morphed to chicken only. The shrimp is back.  Cococunut shrimp had disappeared toward the end before the shutdown and is now there as an app one night at dinner.

Lots of shrimp on many menus throughout the ship.  Except popcorn shrimp MDR lunch.  Nowhere to be found!

3 hours ago, snorklinbarb said:

They've brought back the filet "Rossini" with pate to the Bistro.  I remember that from years ago when you had your choice of 2 filets, one being the Rossini.

Duck parmentier is gone (finally) with the return of regular duck in a glaze.

For those who enjoyed the bay scallops in the same ramekins as escargots and full of garlic and butter (and bread for dipping), that now has come back on one of the MDR menus.

The chocolate lava cake (with strawberries and gelato) that was on the "always available" MDR dessert menu can now be found on one of the lunch MDR menus.  Same with the tiramisu which was a weekly feature at dinner in the MDR and now can be enjoyed at lunch.

The other big main item that has returned in a big way to the MDR menus is shrimp.  Before the pandemic, "bang bang shrimp and chicken" had morphed to chicken only. The shrimp is back.  Cococunut shrimp had disappeared toward the end before the shutdown and is now there as an app one night at dinner.

Lots of shrimp on many menus throughout the ship.  Except popcorn shrimp MDR lunch.  Nowhere to be found!

Are those little chocolate lava cakes no longer available in MDR at dinner?  It wasn't clear from what you wrote; you used the past tense...

I loved, loved, loved them, but I'm a world-class chocoholic!

GC