Positive for covid one month before sailing

Our 4yo son just tested positive for covid yesterday. We sail in just over one month on a B2B. I've tried searching if there is an option for a doctor's note in lieu of a negative test result, stating when he had covid and is recovered, in the off chance that he tests positive at the pier in 30+ days. 

Anyone have experience with this?

1 minute ago, FishLips23 said:

Anyone have experience with this?

He needs to test negative, otherwise he can't sail - doc note won't help. You'll know before the pier, as he needs a test 3 days out.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 2

Just now, Biker19 said:

He needs to test negative, otherwise he can't sail - doc note won't help.

That's what I thought, but was hoping we might have the option of proving "recovery" or something of that sort. Fingers crossed he's not a long hauler.

I hope your Son is okay.     Unfortunately, Doctor's notes are not accepted - only way to get on the ship is to test negative.       

My DH had covid last February and was in hospital for a couple of days and tested negative 14 days later.      Hopefully noone else in your household tests positive so you can board your b2b sailing.    

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I hope your Son is okay.     Unfortunately, Doctor's notes are not accepted - only way to get on the ship is to test negative.       

My DH had covid last February and was in hospital for a couple of days and tested negative 14 days later.      Hopefully noone else in your household tests positive so you can board your b2b sailing.    

Thank you! He's doing much better today. I have to get tested 3 times over the next 10 days in order to work (healthcare) so fingers crossed I remain negative. My husband and I are both fully vaccinated and were planning on getting booster doses next week.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, wolfganghowell said:

Hope his case is mild and he recovers quickly.  I would certainly test him again 14 days before you sail to give you an idea of where you stand.  Doc note won't help.  He must test negative. 

That's a good idea. We will definitely do that!

• Like 1

If you're sure he has covid (vs RSV which is at unseasonably high levels), then you'll just have to wing it.

You'll have the option of an antigen test pre-cruise (since the check-in test is a PCR test). But otherwise you'll be at the mercy of the PCR test which is the one that can be positive up to 90 days after initially testing positive.

Best of luck with this. Our 6 year old son had COVID and tested positive well beyond his period of illness.  I work for a hospital and know that it’s not uncommon for people who have recovered from COVID and aren’t infectious to still test positive. I certainly hope that’s not the case for your son! Best wishes for a speedy recovery!