Pre-Cruise test in Port Canaveral

NB_Parrotheads

Hi all,  We are looking for advice on testing pre-cruise in Port Canaveral... We are considering purchasing the home kits and shipping them to our hotel in Port Canaveral,(currently they do not ship to Canada) in anticipation of our arrival pre-cruise.  We are sailing on the Mardi Gras on the 11th of December but plan on arriving in FL on the 7th so our pre-flight test will not be valid.  .  We had also contemplated heading back to MCO on the Thursday before to have the tests done there as well but when you factor travel, time and cost. Our best option may be to ship these... unless any of you have a suggestion on how fellow Canadians can get a test somewhere on the space coast.

• Like 1

You might want to see whether the numerous Walgreens in that area are offering tests. Their tests are free if you can arrange one. Someone posted about that earlier today on this board, not the first one to do so.

I hope that you are also making arrangements for your PCR tests post-cruise.

• Like 1

I'm going to hijack this thread, well because.. I can 🙂

I'm going on the Mardi Gras Dec 26th. I'm eager to hear your experience on the ship and also your testing experience when you get home.

I am flying in the day of the cruise so don't have to deal with finding an antigen test beforehand but will need to test after the cruise.

15 minutes ago, K_e_short said:

I'm going to hijack this thread, well because.. I can 🙂

I'm going on the Mardi Gras Dec 26th. I'm eager to hear your experience on the ship and also your testing experience when you get home.

I am flying in the day of the cruise so don't have to deal with finding an antigen test beforehand but will need to test after the cruise.

Wow. You are brave!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

Wow. You are brave!

I have to be at work on Monday January 3rd so can only fly out that day.

Our flight is at 12:50pm and the cruise ship docks at 7am.

From what I read we can be off the ship at 8am and on a shuttle at 9am. We will be carrying out our luggage.

We will be paying a premium ($175 USD) to get a rapid pcr test at the Orlando airport which gives us 3 hours to get the test and go through security (we have Nexus cards so no long waits through security).

And if that doesn't work then we will stay overnight and fly home the next day. The pcr test will still be good. Air Canada allows changes up to two hours before the flight leaves. If at 10:50am it isn't looking good then I'll just rebook for Monday.

10 minutes ago, K_e_short said:

I have to be at work on Monday January 3rd so can only fly out that day.

You’re flying in on the day of the cruise. From Ottawa. On December 26th. Just writing that made me nervous. 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, *Miss G* said:

You’re flying in on the day of the cruise. From Ottawa. On December 26th. Just writing that made me nervous. 😂

That's unfortunately the only option as I can't be away for Christmas (mom wants me in town) and can't miss work.

If our outgoing flight is delayed and we miss the cruise we only lose $400 USD.

And then I can use our Air Canada travel credit for next summer.

I'm a planner and have thought of all options.

3 minutes ago, K_e_short said:

That's unfortunately the only option as I can't be away for Christmas (mom wants me in town) and can't miss work.

If our outgoing flight is delayed and we miss the cruise we only lose $400 USD.

And then I can use our Air Canada travel credit for next summer.

I'm a planner and have thought of all options.

I wish you all the best!  There was only one time I flew in on the day of the cruise…. Out of Buffalo in December. We took the first flight of the day and we were the only flight to depart as a snowstorm moved in.  All flights out of Chicago were cancelled from the same storm. Tons of people missed the ship but we did see one couple catch up to us in the Caymans. I hope you come back to tell us you made it!

• Like 1

I'm cruising out of Port Canaveral and will be getting my pre cruise and post cruise covid tests at MCO. I'm fly in 2 days before the cruise, and staying 2 days after. Walgreens is cheaper but only does drive through appointments, and I won't have a car. I wonder if I could go through via taxi? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mikenbon said:

I'm cruising out of Port Canaveral and will be getting my pre cruise and post cruise covid tests at MCO. I'm fly in 2 days before the cruise, and staying 2 days after. Walgreens is cheaper but only does drive through appointments, and I won't have a car. I wonder if I could go through via taxi? 

If you do the test at the airport can you report back on how it went, location, any tips or tricks, etc?