CAN I FLY ON AIR CANADA FLIGHT TO FORT LAUDERDALE WITH AN ANTIGEN TEST INSTEAD OF PCR TEST

thewhip

On 10/19/2021 at 11:24 AM, LouCoop said:

Hi Ix200gps

I'm looking for a place to take an antigen test. I live between Montreal and Quebec. All I can find is laboratories that charge between 99 to 120 dollars. I noticed that in Ontario they can get one at Walmarts for 40 dollars. Do you know of any place in Quebec that we could get them at around that price?

Do you have a Sobeys near you? I live in Ontario and my husband was just at sobeys tonight and he asked them and they have the rapid antigen tests for $40 and they even test on Saturdays. I asked at shoppers drug mart and they’re only Monday to Friday.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lizabu said:

Do you have a Sobeys near you? I live in Ontario and my husband was just at sobeys tonight and he asked them and they have the rapid antigen tests for $40 and they even test on Saturdays. I asked at shoppers drug mart and they’re only Monday to Friday.

Unfortunately, there are no Sobeys stores located in la belle province.

As for SDM, I think you'll find that their hours vary from location to location. 

On 10/27/2021 at 7:31 PM, GeriatricNurse said:

Thank you for the tip about Costco!  I knew that it can be done at WalMart for $19.95, with no tax, but I did not know that Costco Pharmacy also offered the 'Rapid Antigen Test' for (only) $16.99!  I'll check at my local Costco Pharmacy tomorrow on October 28th.!

On 10/27/2021 at 7:31 PM, GeriatricNurse said:

Thank you for the tip about Costco!  I knew that it can be done at WalMart for $19.95, with no tax, but I did not know that Costco Pharmacy also offered the 'Rapid Antigen Test' for (only) $16.99!  I'll check at my local Costco Pharmacy tomorrow on October 28th.!

Costco Pharmacy in Peterborough does not do the COVID testing for travel.  I am going to Shoppers.  You can also get test done at Toronto Airport but cost is $60 -$65.

7 minutes ago, 3bouysandmom said:

For flight home from Florida we are going to get rapid PCR test done at MIA.  They have walk-in with 20 - 30 minute results.   I might look into booking an appointment so I don't get delayed with a large crowd. 

I would probably book just to be safe.

I know they say walk ins allowed but not being able to fly home because of an issue would be bad.

On 10/29/2021 at 10:43 PM, K_e_short said:

I would probably book just to be safe.

I know they say walk ins allowed but not being able to fly home because of an issue would be bad.

I got my rapid PCR test here in Fort Lauderdale this morning . At the airport , terminal 3   . You had to have booked your test ahead of time . You also have to be flying out of FLL ( you need to fill out application with those details) . Im not leaving til tomorrow morning . I was in and out in 15 minutes( minus $159 us credit or debit only)had my results by text and email in around 30 minutes. Easy peasey ! The nomi clinic was turning away those with no  booking . You have to have a qr code for the test. 

• Thanks 1

If you are coming back from a cruise, the cruise line (ie Princess) offer free PCR Test and you get the result back within 60 minutes. 

Yes, if a negative COVID-19 test is required for re-entry into your home country, Princess will cover the costs of a COVID-19 test administered within the timeframe required prior to travel.

Guests should disembark the ship, collect their luggage, clear customs and exit the terminal for testing. COVID-19 tests will be administered just outside the terminal. Antigen test results will be available in approximately 30 minutes and PCR test results will be available in approximately 60 minutes; please plan your post-cruise travel arrangements accordingly.”

Edited by DHP1