Walmart / Shoppers Drug Mart Tests

robandana

Just wondering if anyone has tried out the Antigen tests at Shoppers or Walmart? They are so much cheaper then what was available a few months ago. Shoppers test cost $40 and now Walmart $20...

Just wondering how it went and if there were any issues crossing the boarder.

Thanks.

I used Shoppers Drug Mart in August for our flight (Air Canada) and Cruise (Celebrity Equinox) with no issues at all.  I called a Walmart by us and they are using the same type of test as Shoppers and confirmed they would insert our passport number in the result form if we brought it with us, so I think they would be fine too, but they don't start tests until 9:30 am, so I'm still going to Shoppers again next week (our local one will test starting at 8:00 am).

As an FYI, Walmart requires appointments (based on the website and the one I spoke to).  Shoppers have different procedures, so do walk ins and some do not, and some did walk ins and now want appointments, so it is best to call and ask.

Edited by AlbertaCruisers

15 minutes ago, AlbertaCruisers said:

I used Shoppers Drug Mart in August for our flight (Air Canada) and Cruise (Celebrity Equinox) with no issues at all.  I called a Walmart by us and they are using the same type of test as Shoppers and confirmed they would insert our passport number in the result form if we brought it with us, so I think they would be fine too, but they don't start tests until 9:30 am, so I'm still going to Shoppers again next week (our local one will test starting at 8:00 am).

As an FYI, Walmart requires appointments (based on the website and the one I spoke to).  Shoppers have different procedures, so do walk ins and some do not, and some did walk ins and now want appointments, so it is best to call and ask.

We are in Calgary and both require appointments for now anyways. Thanks for the info.

Does anyone know if the Covid test at Costco is located behind the counter in the Pharmacy area, or out on the shelves in the general merchandise area?  I’m not a Costco member and don’t want to join just to buy a test. One doesn’t have to be a member to use the Pharmacy services.  Thank you.

9 minutes ago, ladysail2 said:

Does anyone know if the Covid test at Costco is located behind the counter in the Pharmacy area, or out on the shelves in the general merchandise area?  I’m not a Costco member and don’t want to join just to buy a test. One doesn’t have to be a member to use the Pharmacy services.  Thank you.

I thought the test was administered by the pharmicist? 

Someone had posted a pic of the info from Costco.

I didn't think Canadians could buy a covid test to use for travel.

In regards to your question about access, I asked about needing a membership and was told you don't to access the pharmacy services.

Edited by K_e_short

18 minutes ago, K_e_short said:

I thought the test was administered by the pharmicist? 

Someone had posted a pic of the info from Costco.

I didn't think Canadians could buy a covid test to use for travel.

In regards to your question about access, I asked about needing a membership and was told you don't to access the pharmacy services.

It’s great that one doesn’t need a membership to use the Pharmacy services, their dispensing fee is the best and used Costco for years. Hearing tests as well are for anyone and free!
i know nothing about how tests are administered. Being a mixed vaccine person, I didn’t think I would be able to leave Canada again.  If the pharmacist administers it, then it must be within the pharmacy area.  Thanks for the info!

• Like 1