Captains Table Galley Tour

villagenut

Can someone confirm for me that the galley tour portion of the Chef's Table is suspended until further notice?

Also, Thoughts on the Captains Table dinner in general?

ps Does it really take 3 hours?

THANKS!

Edited by villagenut

Are you referring to Chef's Table?  From the recent reviews I have read, Chef's Table doesn't access the galley currently.  DH and I have done it twice and it was a great experience, lots of food and took at least 2.5 hours, maybe 3.  I think it's worth it to experience at least once.

2 minutes ago, villagenut said:

I changed the post... YES Chef's Table  sorry!

No worries!  I want to add that the service is great and the chef come out to describe each dish.  Not a huge crowd of people, like 16-ish.  If someone has a short attention span, like some teenagers, they may not appreciate Chef's Table as much.  Red and white wine is poured through out the meal.  Our two times at Chef's Table we received a photograph of the group at the table and a copy of the Warm Chocolate Cake recipe. They say for women to wear closed toed shoes but I've always worn heels and it wasn't an issue.

We did the Chef's Table last week on the Dream and there is no tour of the galley due to the COVID protocols. In my opinion it is still worth it and a great experience. It will take every bit of three hours but at no time does it feel like it is slow or dragging. This was our third time to do the Chef's Table and will probably do it again on another cruise. The menu that Saint Greg posted is the current menu across the fleet with each chef putting their own influence into the dish.