Entertainment on Bliss

Mimi19510

The last time we sailed on NCL there was no charge for entertainment that I can recall. I have booking to sail Mexican Riviera in Nov. The page to select entertainment etc states 29.95  per person! Really? We have talked our friends to come along, their usual ship is RCL. I’ve sailed on RCL also. No charge for entertainment. Now I’m embarrassed! Is this new since COVID?

No, the $29.95 charge is for only one show - Happy Hour Prohibition: The Musical that includes several drinks during the performance. Normally they also are performing SIX and Jersey Boys - both are free. I am a little disappointed that Jersey Boys is not showing on the individual cruise itineraries. We saw it on a Bliss cruise to Alaska in 2019 and it was excellent. I imagine that they may still be trying to get things back to normal and will add the show by the time you are sailing. We are booked on the Bliss April 30 and may cancel if they don't restore it.

Edited by wacruiselover

1 hour ago, Mimi19510 said:

The last time we sailed on NCL there was no charge for entertainment that I can recall. I have booking to sail Mexican Riviera in Nov. The page to select entertainment etc states 29.95  per person! Really? We have talked our friends to come along, their usual ship is RCL. I’ve sailed on RCL also. No charge for entertainment. Now I’m embarrassed! Is this new since COVID?

Nope. Not new. 

The Bliss has Prohibition which includes about a half dozen drinks to match the show. Other ships have one paid show called Wine Lovers the Musical with a half dozen glasses of wine. Some ships have one paid dinner show.

All of this has been around for over 10 years. 

• Like 3