Recent Travelers with Kids, we have some questions

coldflame

Hey folks,

We'll be traveling with our unvaxxed kid, which makes us "mixed families" according to Royal. So we have some questions we could NOT find answers in Royal's website. Are kids' clubs operating as normal? Or are there new protocols in place for kids' club? The second question is: we will be forced to use Royal excursions, which is fine, but my kid likes to go shopping and eatings at the ports. We'll be allowed to do that? Or we can't leave the ship unless is in a "bubble excursion?" TIA

We heard some people on board Mariner talking about how the kid's club had a max capacity and their kids didn't make it in, so they want to sign up sooner next time.  I think they said it was capped at 20 - but I have no idea what age group. 

We traveled in August with our unvaxxed 6 year old. The kids club was operating normally with some covid protocols. First there were only three sessions a day 9-12, 2-5, 7-10 then anything after 10 you paid for like normal. Now the big change is you are assigned 12 hours to start the week and need to pick your sessions. Once the hours are used and starting on Day 4 the limits went away but there were still capacity limits in the kids club so if you didn't reserve a time and last minute your kid wanted to go you could call and see if they had space. In the clubs kids had to be masked the whole time. Now that being said my daughter loved it like she always does and and was able to go whenever she wanted.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Miggsoo3 said:

We traveled in August with our unvaxxed 6 year old. The kids club was operating normally with some covid protocols. First there were only three sessions a day 9-12, 2-5, 7-10 then anything after 10 you paid for like normal. Now the big change is you are assigned 12 hours to start the week and need to pick your sessions. Once the hours are used and starting on Day 4 the limits went away but there were still capacity limits in the kids club so if you didn't reserve a time and last minute your kid wanted to go you could call and see if they had space. In the clubs kids had to be masked the whole time. Now that being said my daughter loved it like she always does and and was able to go whenever she wanted.

Sounds like your kid had a great experience. Do you feel like the kids club (signing the kiddos up) needs to be the first thing you do when you get on to try and get the slots given the limits?

On 10/20/2021 at 8:19 PM, Miggsoo3 said:

Thanks a bunch for the input. It's reassuring. In regards to ports excursions, did y'all had a chance to walk around the port with your kid or were you "policed" to go straight to/from the ship after excursions?