World cruise on Serenade

10 hours ago, Ashland said:

The voucher's have nothing to do with the UDP as you know. So it was my thought that perhaps they might work out for some.

If you have unlimited free drinks for the duration of the cruise, what advantage is there to have a few "voucher" drinks loaded onto your card?

• Like 2

On 10/21/2021 at 9:49 PM, handbellplayer said:

Wow - the trip sounds amazing.  But I cannot possibly imagine being away from my family for 27 days, much less 274 days.  What is your family situation that you are comfortable with being out of touch for so long?  Please don’t read the response as snarky or sad - I am just curious.

wow

I’ve booked, right now going solo. Hopefully my husband can join for 1 segment but who knows this far in advance.  He likes being on ships but not nearly as much as I do. He’s also a workaholic and right now in his career take this long of a break. 
I retired from a home based business earlier this year. Our only child will be 25 when this starts. For 2022 I’m booked over 140 days on ships, 6 weeks is the longest stretch - it will be training for the world cruise 

On 10/21/2021 at 9:49 PM, handbellplayer said:

Wow - the trip sounds amazing.  But I cannot possibly imagine being away from my family for 27 days, much less 274 days.  What is your family situation that you are comfortable with being out of touch for so long?  Please don’t read the response as snarky or sad - I am just curious.

wow

Depends on what you mean by being out of touch. Being able to see them or not being able to talk to them? There is always the internet so I wouldn’t have a problem with it at all. If I did I would have to make a choice of having such a fabulous vacation and learning about so many different cultures (for some once in a lifetime experience) or not going and continue to see family who would be there anyway after such an enriching experience. 

At this moment it’s not in the cards for us. Hubby still has 6 years till retirement and we wouldn’t leave our fur babies for that amount of time. Unlike humans they don’t understand why you have left them. By the time he retires and several years after that they unfortunately probably won’t be alive anymore. 😭 We won’t get anymore pets until after we have done some WC. All the other complications/situations would just be background noise.