Carnival Valor Live*/Solo/B2B 11/6-11/11/21 & 11/11-11/15/2021

JRL81

Wow even with the vivid restrictions and all the hullabaloo that was fast… my bags are checked, I’m gonna call the office one last time before I go through security and make sure all is well.. after that they wont here from me until I get home!!

• Like 2

Surprisingly this airport isn’t nearly as packed as I was expecting! Last time I was here this place was a mad house. How times have changed that from car to gate including security took less than 20 minutes.  I’m going to savor this because I know dang well that this isn’t going to last!

• Like 3

Some of the shops and eateries around the airport are still closed. It seems from what the bartender said due to staffing they open them up in shifts.. that way something is open all the time. It is really sad to see, there use to be several options any time of day now they try to keep a balance of styles and types just to keep going. She said she works here this afternoon then at another restaurant down the terminal tonight… she says it has nothing to die with mandates either she said plain and simple people don’t want to work! They want to stay home and make more money that way! It’s a sad sad situation! These people are busting their bottoms! I can honestly say I have yet to encounter one angry or surly person everyone seem to be thankful that they are out and about again! Austin has recently lifted some of its more stringent policies and you can tell the locals are happy!

• Like 2

Call me old fashioned.. buts shoes and CLOTHES should be worn in PUBLIC… what is with this new trend of yoga pants and sports bras in public let alone the airport!! I can not even say how many I have seen. And shoes.. for the love of all that is holy please, PLEASE, wear shoes!!! Flip flops, crocks, etc have no buisness in airports or on planes… if I have to sit beside stinky feet I think I may hand them a fabuloso wipe and tell them get after it!!! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

First duck of the cruise has been “hidden” and then “found”.. I was talking to the young couple next table over from and discussing our destinations etc. when I found out they were suppose to be on the SAME cruise as me this week!! But do to the blasted CDC regulations their sweet daughter couldn’t go and the wait list for exemptions was long so they canceled..Now I have a soft spot for the little ones so while dad kept her busy I swiftly placed the duck between her iPad and her snack box.. it was soooooo worth it the smile on her face!!! She said but mom this ain’t a ship!?!?! I told her but you are getting on an airplane and that’s traveling too!! So take care of him and decide if you want to hide him in your next trip or keep him! When there boarding was called she was still undecided but at the age of 4 I’m not surprised

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, JRL81 said:

Call me old fashioned.. buts shoes and CLOTHES should be worn in PUBLIC… what is with this new trend of yoga pants and sports bras in public let alone the airport!! I can not even say how many I have seen. And shoes.. for the love of all that is holy please, PLEASE, wear shoes!!! Flip flops, crocks, etc have no buisness in airports or on planes… if I have to sit beside stinky feet I think I may hand them a fabuloso wipe and tell them get after it!!! 

🤣😆🤪 I totally agree. Workout clothes are for working out people. And you know their closets are full of other options 🙄 😒 

• Like 1

17FA8334-4292-4F2E-B8BC-CFC92E21B387.thumb.jpeg.397b07a35e5654948ef209f7628bd100.jpegThis is a peacemaker another Austin beer works  ale. Now this one I think is my favorite so far. Very very smooth, a light hop taste nothing on the backside you don’t taste on the front. This a very very good beer. 10 out of 10 shot 

Edited by JRL81
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, stephanieelena said:

🤣😆🤪 I totally agree. Workout clothes are for working out people. And you know their closets are full of other options 🙄 😒 

I agree!!! And spandex IS NOT one size fits all no matter what the label says. For work outs yes.. in public noooooo nooooo nooooooooo!!!!

Edited by JRL81
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, JRL81 said:

02641415-0BA7-43BD-9FAF-4E3322BE6C65.thumb.jpeg.6bf99fac84efcefc3f4def307c0db621.jpeg

Walgreens for the win!!  Less than 2 hours and I had results we are good to go

@JRL81 I'll be in Austin on Christmas Eve and need to get a test for our Dec 26th cruise... what did you ask for when making your appointment at Walgreens? I called them and although I couldn't make the appointment yet they said the only options available at Walgreens in Austin were the tests that take 3-5 days! I've got 2 days! So I want to make sure I ask for the right test and be certain I'll get the results the same day... also did your insurance pay for it? Our alternative is the proctored home test which will cost us over $100...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Shaded Lady said:

@JRL81 I'll be in Austin on Christmas Eve and need to get a test for our Dec 26th cruise... what did you ask for when making your appointment at Walgreens? I called them and although I couldn't make the appointment yet they said the only options available at Walgreens in Austin were the tests that take 3-5 days! I've got 2 days! So I want to make sure I ask for the right test and be certain I'll get the results the same day... also did your insurance pay for it? Our alternative is the proctored home test which will cost us over $100...

I did it online.. answered the questions.. and then picked my time.. I did state I had a medical issue and was a smoker, and then when it gave option to choose test type I chose the “red” which is the rapid test.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JRL81 said:

it was soooooo worth it the smile on her face!!! She said but mom this ain’t a ship!?!?! I

Sweet!  My son found a duck in our last cruise. He was 13 at the time but it was cute as he was still surprised and happy. He ultimately decided to hide it as he saw  some younger kids coming

7 hours ago, JRL81 said:

Ok first brain tickling expedition for the day complete. There wasn’t even a line and other than my eyes watering I’ll survive.. I think.., now breakfast 

Ugh. Done with the PCR tests. How many have you had to do this pandemic? I lost count (HCW with nursing homes) .  Thank god they stopped regular testing after vax. 

2 hours ago, JRL81 said:

2 hours ago, JRL81 said:

I agree!!! And spandex IS NOT one size fits all no matter what the label says. For work outs yes.. in public noooooo nooooo nooooooooo!!!!

Some yoga pants are more like slacks but yeah-agreed. 

safe flight! 

• Like 1

Baggage claim went quick.. now online for a taxi to the quarter.. Uber and Lyft jacked up their prices during busy times current rate is $75.00.. bud is a 45 minute wait… plus it’s dark not sure I want risk that! This is the line for a taxi…

72CBECA1-9A2F-42B6-A042-B211BFC50309.thumb.jpeg.e403794ab2807cc2c235d3f9b8f332ae.jpeg