Bodden Tours - Havana Beach

packedandready

1 hour ago, packedandready said:

Have used Bodden several times and it's been great. We're looking at booking a private tour and one of the options is Havana Beach. We've not been to that beach so looking for reviews. One of the most important things is, does it have plenty of shade? Trees? Umbrellas? Thanks

There have been very few reviews of Havana Beach over the years so I would be surprised if you get any reports since cruising resumed. You may find some old ones from the search engine. A few disturbing reports when it was Palm Beach, a number of years back.  I am not sure if it just changed its name or had new owners afterwards. It did have a good chef reportedly but no idea who is there  now.

I would say after this long break, any location at any of the port stops is a gamble and no guarantees from past experiences.

However lots of online photos of Havana Beach/palm beach to give you an idea of the location regarding shade. You realize it is a considerable distance north-east of the ports (about 1hour depending on port) away from the main tourist areas? It looks very quiet and relaxing but the furthest we have gone in that direction is Turquoise Bay.

Edited by c-leg5

Is it possible Havana and Roatan Beach Club are the same place? They look to be via Google Maps. The reason I ask I would not be comfortable supporting a place that allows their horses to starve.  The pictures are horrific. 

From a Roatan Travel FB page

I am writing to beg of anyone reading this to NOT accept any offers to ride horseback at Roatan Beach Club, Palm Beach. Every horse on that property is severely malnourished (nearly starved to death) and a team of volunteers is working very hard to provide adequate food for them and nurse them back to health. This will take months, and some may not survive. They are NOT healthy enough to be ridden, and will not be so for months.