Changing cruises

Hockeymom7

I just changed a Dec 4th cruise from Reflection to Apex (same sailing dates).  The Reflection port change got published today, we thought Key West would have been a lock since it is mainland US and its the primary reason we booked reflection (never been to Key West) but its gone from the itinerary so that was enough to push us to get on the Apex.  Also never been on Edge class, looking forward to that experience.  No penalty, and I did it all myself on-line but I had to do the cancel for any reason, and part of that is you get back future cruise credit within 30  days, so my money is kinda tied up there.  Had to pay the Apex balance in full by tomorrow, so I'm out of pocket for 2 cruises in this window of time.  We will cruise again, so in the end nothing has been lost, but they do get to hold my money (in the form of future cruise credit) due to my change.

Edited by cruzer0007

18 hours ago, sunseeker551 said:

I just changed from a February 2022 cruise to a January 2022 cruise, on Saturday. You simply pay the difference in fares (if any). 

Is this because of the CWC terms?  Or did you have a Refundable deposit?  
Any idea on how this with work if you have NRD and the CWC terms have expired?

Thanks

Yes the CWC made it possible and we had a non-refundable deposit. The port fees were less on the new cruise and Celebrity didn't want to adjust the price so I said "OK, I'll cancel and rebook then".  After speaking with Celebrity, our TA said they figured it would take too long to get the FCC so they agreed to make the adjustment. It took over an hour and a half to do though.

Also be forewarned.  I had to call by (big box membership) TA on Thursday to correct a problem and I was on hold for over an hour and a half. I was told now that travel restrictions are being lifted in Canada, everyone is booking a holiday.  This was my first time using a TA. In future, I intend to deal directly with the cruise line.  Much easier IMO.

Good luck and be sure to post how you made out.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sunseeker551 said:

Yes the CWC made it possible and we had a non-refundable deposit. The port fees were less on the new cruise and Celebrity didn't want to adjust the price so I said "OK, I'll cancel and rebook then".  After speaking with Celebrity, our TA said they figured it would take too long to get the FCC so they agreed to make the adjustment. It took over an hour and a half to do though.

Also be forewarned.  I had to call by (big box membership) TA on Thursday to correct a problem and I was on hold for over an hour and a half. I was told now that travel restrictions are being lifted in Canada, everyone is booking a holiday.  This was my first time using a TA. In future, I intend to deal directly with the cruise line.  Much easier IMO.

We always book directly as well and have never had an issue.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sunseeker551 said:

I had issues with them also, and at times could never reach anyone or get them to return a call.  I only tried them because "everyone" said they were so great; I am back with my original TA, as she is wonderful!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lastdance said:

I had issues with them also, and at times could never reach anyone or get them to return a call.  I only tried them because "everyone" said they were so great; I am back with my original TA, as she is wonderful!

They also don't participate in the upgrade program...something I didn't know until after I had transferred my reservation to them. 😞

36 minutes ago, sunseeker551 said:

They also don't participate in the upgrade program...something I didn't know until after I had transferred my reservation to them. 😞

I didn't know that either until someone mentioned about it in the other thread.  It took me a while but I finally found a new TA who responded to my emails pretty quickly so far.  Also pretty happy that we get 9% cashback. 🙂