Silver Whisper, January 18-February 1, 2022 - Lima to Ushuaia

chaunceyb

At this time Peru does not require proof of Covid-19 vaccination but does require a molecular PCR test. This is what the Peru Tourism site (peru.travel/en) says about the test:

"You must have a negative molecular test with a result date no more than 72 hours before boarding at your point of origin."

I sent an email to clarify that regardless of your arrival date into Peru, as long as the test is given no sooner than 72 hours before your flight the test will be accepted.

ie. Take test on January 10, fly January 13, arrive January 14.  

Am I correct?

Thanks!

On 10/23/2021 at 3:49 AM, HappyLadyTravels said:

Lots can change between now and the trip. But, PCR 72 hours ahead AND A vaccination is showing up as required on the Peru US Embassy site as of November 15th. See you on board.

Thanks, hope it changes to just proof of vaccination for entry into Peru!

I will be on board Silver Moon between FLL and LIM from December 2 to 18. In case Peru requires a PCR covid test before arriving in Peru, am I right to assume that this PCR test will be provided free of charge by Silversea on board the ship?

2 hours ago, SSCAF001 said:

I will be on board Silver Moon between FLL and LIM from December 2 to 18. In case Peru requires a PCR covid test before arriving in Peru, am I right to assume that this PCR test will be provided free of charge by Silversea on board the ship?

Indeed - a question I've already asked without reply. It's such a minefield and "gotcha's" to navigate, which in this instance, there is no one other than SS who can sort. 

My flights were amended today for the 2nd of 2 FLL to LIM which I was informed by phone and awaiting a call back for a question I raised on the change which I'm expecting today. I will be sure to ask this. If there is no straight answer, it's a little worrying!

7 hours ago, charlourob said:

Les37b I note you are from the U.K. …are you anticipating Peru being removed from our red list? We too are hoping to be able to travel to this part of the world but the red list means as things stand it is a no no.

Until 2 months ago, there was zero chance of this sailing, but there has been a dramatic swing. From 7 Reds and 1 outright ban (USA), it couldn't be more certain. But then 7 went to 5 and then the US announced opening up and 5 went to 3.

Has to be zero reds as you've said. I do think panama and Ecuador will be removed, but think Peru will remain red scuppering our chances. Luckily for US guests, they can still travel, which is why I think the sailing will happen.

Rather crazily about 4 weeks ago on a Viking sailing, I booked (with a good cancellation policy) with an onboard discount a Northern lights sailing which starts when we would be in Panama! It was booked because at the time I was absolutely certain it would be pulled. As it stands, the policy with SS, I can cancel if any country is red, right up to 48 hours before sailing. Viking has 14 days for any reason. So if its full steam ahead and everything looking good, I will cancel Viking on the 28 Dec and move a year forward. If Peru is red, I will cancel with SS and cry at my replacement as they have hiked the price for 12 months on by 70%. So its this sailing or nothing for South America!

Of course, I've not factored in UK rates and the possibility Norway and South America all ban US citizens making it all a bigger nightmare! 

Edited by les37b

For passengers ending cruise in Ushuaia, I understand that Silversea is proving a included charter fight to Santiago on February 1. But this is not noted on the itinerary and I have requested through our travel agent that we get something in writing from Silversea. Viewing other C.C. posts about Silversea, it appears they do not do a very good job in communicating pre-cruise information, as compared to say Crystal Cruises.