QM2 Seating areas

Marronnier

On our next sailing on the QM2 we will be in an inside cabin as all remaining balcony cabins were either in a poor location or completely obstructed. The sailing is a combination of a west and east going Transatlantic with a Caribbean leg inbewteen. On previous sailings on the QM2 we have enjoyed sitting on the balcony for drinks or just taking in the view.

I am aware of the seating and steamers along the promenade deck but  for those in inside cabins are there any good, preferably quiet areas on deck to sit, drink and take in the sea or scenery?

Thanks for any help

• Like 1

If you're happy with your cabin location that's great. For us, we like the obstructed view cabins on deck 8.  We can step out and get the air and sometimes you can see a little.  My husband has to have the light in the cabin so that's why we started taking those, especially for transatlantics.  

Thank you both for your replies. The only time I've been on deck 13 was for the arrival into New York harbour when it was cold and windy! no doubt it will be more pleasant in the Caribbean. Thanks.

I've noted from the QM2 deck plans there is an observation deck forward of the Atlantic Room and an open deck aft on deck 5. Would either of these be good quiet places to sit?

1 hour ago, Marronnier said:

I've noted from the QM2 deck plans there is an observation deck forward of the Atlantic Room and an open deck aft on deck 5. Would either of these be good quiet places to sit?

Unfortunately not. The Observation Deck, being right at the front and high up, is probably the windiest place on the ship and there are no seats out there. The Deck 5 aft open area is a misprint on the plans that has been there since day1.

The aft open decks are on 6, 7, 8 & 10. Deck 10 is reserved for the Grills and 6 is usually reserved for children however if there are no children on board due to vaccination restrictions that may be available also.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Marronnier said:

On our next sailing on the QM2 we will be in an inside cabin as all remaining balcony cabins were either in a poor location or completely obstructed. The sailing is a combination of a west and east going Transatlantic with a Caribbean leg inbewteen. On previous sailings on the QM2 we have enjoyed sitting on the balcony for drinks or just taking in the view.

I am aware of the seating and steamers along the promenade deck but  for those in inside cabins are there any good, preferably quiet areas on deck to sit, drink and take in the sea or scenery?

Thanks for any help

Your Deck Area of choice will be a personal one, so best to self investigate.

Inside, during inclement weather, here are suggestions for areas which hardly anyone uses, but after this post, occupancy rates could possibly change.

The Board Room

Sir Samuel’s

The Atlantic Room

Deck 2 Corridor (Staiway A - Future Cruise Office) - Swivel chairs

The Queens Room (met a couple who took seats after breakfast, stayed through afternoon tea, then returned to stateroom to prepare for dinner)

Commodore Club - Already known of, this is always the most popular 

• Thanks 1

Don;t mention the Observation deck!!

The Observation deck is only a short step from my cabin on this cruise and whenever it is empty I plan to stand there mid-Atlantic in storm force winds singing sea shanties to my heart's content.

(Note to self: Plan B - might stay in cabin, throwing up).

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, bbtablet said:

Don;t mention the Observation deck!!

The Observation deck is only a short step from my cabin on this cruise and whenever it is empty I plan to stand there mid-Atlantic in storm force winds singing sea shanties to my heart's content.

(Note to self: Plan B - might stay in cabin, throwing up).

The observation deck doors are some of the first to be roped off when things get windy - often before deck 7 access to the promenade.

• Thanks 1

I completely agree about the corridor on Deck 2.  Lots of tables and chairs there as well as board games, and big windows for views of the sea.  If you want a beverage, try to snag a window seat in the Chart Room.

• Thanks 1