Video for On -line Covid Test at Home with 15 minute results

Ilikeboats

I found out about the on-line testing here for the 2 day recommendations for the Covid .  Someone said there were videos on You Tube showing how to use them, step by step, but I can't find any.  Can someone post one please.  I bought 5 tests for 2 people to be sure incase we make a mistake.  I'm doing them on my iphone as with the Navica app it says iphone or Ipad, which I don't have.  My husband is not computer savy so I will have to assist him on his test.  If anyone has a video to post that would be very appreciated.  

Thank you!  

1 hour ago, Ilikeboats said:

I'm doing them on my iphone as with the Navica app it says iphone or Ipad, which I don't have. 

Were you trying to say you do not have an iPhone/iPad or that you do not have the Navica App??

If you have an iPhone - you are all set.

You can download the Navica App (Free) to your iPhone. Both you and your Dear Husband (DH) will need to set up separate accounts in the Navica App (Usual user name & Password). to run the test you log into Navapp and the test proctor will come on-line. the videos above will give good guidance. 

Since you have 5 tests for the two of you, and you are unsure, you may want to use one test as a practice run - before you do your "Run for Record" - and to build your confidence on how to do the test.

6 hours ago, RGEDad said:

Were you trying to say you do not have an iPhone/iPad or that you do not have the Navica App??

If you have an iPhone - you are all set.

You can download the Navica App (Free) to your iPhone. Both you and your Dear Husband (DH) will need to set up separate accounts in the Navica App (Usual user name & Password). to run the test you log into Navapp and the test proctor will come on-line. the videos above will give good guidance. 

Since you have 5 tests for the two of you, and you are unsure, you may want to use one test as a practice run - before you do your "Run for Record" - and to build your confidence on how to do the test.

Hi:  I am sorry.  I am saying I don't have an ipad .  I do have an iphone.  Thanks so much for your reponse.  

Thank you to those who posted the how to videos. 🙂.  Seems pretty simple & straightforward.  I have the tests, but didn’t use them for our last cruises due to worries about expiration dates.  Seems like that has been addressed so we’ll use these for our next cruise in a few weeks….. so wonderful to be enjoying our cruises again!

• Like 1

On 10/23/2021 at 10:12 PM, cruise kitty said:

I have the tests, but didn’t use them for our last cruises due to worries about expiration dates.

Just to be clear on the expiration dates - there was a 3-month extension of the expiration date (the date next to the hour glass icon) which brings it out to a total of 12 month expiration. 

This is NOT 12 months from the manufacture date (the date with the little factory icon). Those two dates are close - but not the same. 

They will not run/proctor the test with expired test packages (or pre-opened packages).

Thanks, all this information is helpful. We have PCR test scheduled for 11/3 and have the monitored tests as backup if we don’t get results in time. Like @ILIKEBOATS we bought extra just in case. Does anyone know if you have to make an appointment in advance for the monitor?  We sail on the Rotterdam next Friday. Thanks 

2 hours ago, RGEDad said:

Just to be clear on the expiration dates - there was a 3-month extension of the expiration date (the date next to the hour glass icon) which brings it out to a total of 12 month expiration. 

This is NOT 12 months from the manufacture date (the date with the little factory icon). Those two dates are close - but not the same. 

They will not run/proctor the test with expired test packages (or pre-opened packages).

Ok, to clarify, my expiration date next to the hour glass is 15th of October, 2021...  I was told the expiration date was officially extended to the manufacture one year date, which was 2nd February,  2021 (meaning my tests are usable through January, 2022... am I correct in this?  We'll be using them in about 3 weeks.  

thank you!

11 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

Ok, to clarify, my expiration date next to the hour glass is 15th of October, 2021...  I was told the expiration date was officially extended to the manufacture one year date, which was 2nd February,  2021 (meaning my tests are usable through January, 2022... am I correct in this?  We'll be using them in about 3 weeks.  

thank you!

===

slide the band back to expose the expiration date.   do not open the package.   The expiration date is extended three months from the expiration date on package.  Confirmed with phone call to eMed.

Peter

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SFO PETER said:

===

slide the band back to expose the expiration date.   do not open the package.   The expiration date is extended three months from the expiration date on package.  Confirmed with phone call to eMed.

Peter

thanks, this was my understanding as well... 

1 hour ago, Suslor said:

Does anyone know if you have to make an appointment in advance for the monitor?

No appointment is necessary - When you log in (each person needs their own Log In) the proctor will come on-line (there is sometimes a wait- most times just a few minutes). They are available 24/7/365.

1 hour ago, cruise kitty said:

Ok, to clarify, my expiration date next to the hour glass is 15th of October, 2021...  I was told the expiration date was officially extended to the manufacture one year date, which was 2nd February,  2021

NO - it is three month extension of the expiration date️ - nothing to do with the manufacturing date

Here is the EMED Update letter where you can see the Expiration date Update.

: ( https://www.emed.com/hubfs/Case%2001269955-COL-03030%20BinaxNOW™%20COVID-19%20Ag%20Home%20Test%20%20Product%20Expiry%20Update%20-%20Customer%20Letter%20EN%20%20-%20%20US.pdf?hsLang=en),

You can see it is the expiration date is extended - not 12 months from the manufacturing date.

Just trying to help people understand the somewhat confusing expiration date extension, and what is the correct extension date - and do not get...surprised with an invalid test when they thought they were good to go with their purchased test.

My tests expire about a week ahead of my late January cruise - sometimes you lose (a little bit). For $100 - I will buy new and then be good for my next two cruises - even if I only have them for back-up.

• Like 2

Just now, RGEDad said:

No appointment is necessary - When you log in (each person needs their own Log In) the proctor will come on-line (there is sometimes a wait- most times just a few minutes). They are available 24/7/365.

NO - it is three month extension of the expiration date️ - nothing to do with the manufacturing date

Here is the EMED Update letter where you can see the Expiration date Update.

: ( https://www.emed.com/hubfs/Case%2001269955-COL-03030%20BinaxNOW™%20COVID-19%20Ag%20Home%20Test%20%20Product%20Expiry%20Update%20-%20Customer%20Letter%20EN%20%20-%20%20US.pdf?hsLang=en),

You can see it is the expiration date is extended - not 12 months from the manufacturing date.

Just trying to help people understand the somewhat confusing expiration date extension, and what is the correct extension date - and do not get...surprised with an invalid test when they thought they were good to go with their purchased test.

My tests expire about a week ahead of my late January cruise - sometimes you lose (a little bit). For $100 - I will buy new and then be good for my next two cruises - even if I only have them for back-up.

thank you for the clarification, so my "official" expiration date would be 15th January, 2022    🙂

1 minute ago, cruise kitty said:

so my "official" expiration date would be 15th January, 2022

That is correct:

Your test kit has the same expiration as mine: Mine has the same extended date of 1/15/2022,

image.png.959603a6f61a2f2ecea00305fc5f191a.png

Since I have a cruise on 1/29/22 -  That is why I looked into it so close as to what was the correct final expiration date. It would have been nice to have been able to use the manufacturing date - but alas - such was not to be. C'est la Vie.