Recent Disney Cruise experiences?

DukeBlueDevil

Hey!

Can anyone share their recent Disney cruise experiences?

How are the kids’ experiences?

Are there any character meet and greets?

Is it less crowded?

Differences from before Covid-times?

Any cons?

Just wondering how different it is from pre-Covid Disney cruises.

Thank you.

Edited by DukeBlueDevil
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, DukeBlueDevil said:

Hey!

Can anyone share their recent Disney cruise experiences?

How are the kids’ experiences?

Are there any character meet and greets?

Is it less crowded?

Differences from before Covid-times?

Any cons?

Just wondering how different it is from pre-Covid Disney cruises.

Thank you.

You can check on the Cruise Critic review section to see if anyone has posted on there since cruising restarted:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/cruise-ships/

There is another Disney cruise specific forum (can't link it here) that might be helpful, also.

i wrote a review of my 10/22/21 cruise under the review boards.   Definetly different from my pre covid Disney cruise. Ship is only booked at 30% capacity. Characters where very good and really made an effort to talk and take pictures with the kids while maintaning their distance. Kids all seemed to be having fun and given the more than half empty ship they probably had more time with the characters than usual. The entertainment is the big let down. Beauty and The Beast was excellent and the only show. The fireworks were nice but very short. No sail away parties or last night parties. Very little live music, only a violinist but even to see him only a few people allowed to sit in the lounge. The staff was the best and did everything they could to make up for what was obviously lacking. Still  I loved castaway cay and had a great time. Happy to answer any questions

On 10/26/2021 at 6:28 PM, jensensgrandma said:

i wrote a review of my 10/22/21 cruise under the review boards.   Definetly different from my pre covid Disney cruise. Ship is only booked at 30% capacity. Characters where very good and really made an effort to talk and take pictures with the kids while maintaning their distance. Kids all seemed to be having fun and given the more than half empty ship they probably had more time with the characters than usual. The entertainment is the big let down. Beauty and The Beast was excellent and the only show. The fireworks were nice but very short. No sail away parties or last night parties. Very little live music, only a violinist but even to see him only a few people allowed to sit in the lounge. The staff was the best and did everything they could to make up for what was obviously lacking. Still  I loved castaway cay and had a great time. Happy to answer any questions

How was the disembarkation? Did it take longer? Trying to schedule a flight and was wondering if it is taking longer given covid or whether everyone is generally off the shop by around 9am as it was pre-covid.

11 hours ago, Sixth Street said:

Anyone care to comment about Disney Dream for adults?

I have done 2 dream all adult and 2 with kids. Very nice adult areas on the ship, Serenity Bay is lovely. Sometimes the rotation restaurants can be noisy and super frantic with kids but 2nd seating is a bit better. There's plenty food to opt out or hit Palo/Remy. Have not been since Covid but going in a few weeks and will report back since there isn't much to read currently.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Disney told me yesterday that the dining times are staggered. She said like every 15 minutes a few more are allowed in and every table is two top only unless you have a group that is larger than two. I was surprised that we won't have to do a two day covid test like Royal. She said nope, when you get here we will test you.