Apex 10/24

Want2Cruise 701

I wish you good weather and many pleasant emotions. Enjoy the cruise and everything the ship has to offer. We will be on Apex from 05.03.2022 and I would be very grateful if you publish information about the hours of the shows in the theater and other places. Sylvia

25 minutes ago, Valentin53 said:

I wish you good weather and many pleasant emotions. Enjoy the cruise and everything the ship has to offer. We will be on Apex from 05.03.2022 and I would be very grateful if you publish information about the hours of the shows in the theater and other places. Sylvia

Thanks Sylvia! It’s currently raining but not letting that put a damper on anything. I’ll grab photos of the dailies for you to see the entertainment info

Some stats on this cruise from the CD last night:

~1,100 passengers

~1,300 crew 

over 98% vaccination rate

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Stricks08 said:

My husband and I are on board - happy to answer any question! Or at least will try to, internet is pretty slow 

-Kyle 

We just got off the TA cruise. Internet was only fair at best but they have some good iloung staff.

4 hours ago, Stricks08 said:

My husband and I are on board - happy to answer any question! Or at least will try to, internet is pretty slow 

-Kyle 

Thank you for doing this.  Following along.  Do you have surf or stream internet?  Just curious for those who say it's slow if they have surf and not stream.  

8 hours ago, Stricks08 said:

-Kyle 

My wife and I will be on the Apex 26 March 2022.We want you to have a wonderful and safe cruise.  If you would let us know some of the daily activities  and entertainment on board that would be awesome. Thank you so much.

12 hours ago, Stricks08 said:

Thanks for sharing your experiences.  If you are using the main dining room(s) can you share how they handle the presentation of available choices ?  We understand no matter which dining room you are seated in, you can order from the menu of any of the 4 (on any given night), and we also saw a few posts that said all menus were "on-line" only.  Does that mean I need to bring my phone (or tablet) to dinner every night to be able to view the dinner choices ?   Personally, I hate the idea that I am a slave to my phone ... its one of the reasons I like to cruise, to get away from that thing

14 hours ago, cruzer0007 said:

Thanks for sharing your experiences.  If you are using the main dining room(s) can you share how they handle the presentation of available choices ?  We understand no matter which dining room you are seated in, you can order from the menu of any of the 4 (on any given night), and we also saw a few posts that said all menus were "on-line" only.  Does that mean I need to bring my phone (or tablet) to dinner every night to be able to view the dinner choices ?   Personally, I hate the idea that I am a slave to my phone ... its one of the reasons I like to cruise, to get away from that thing

we haven’t eaten in any of the 4 MDRs on this trip as we had tried them when we were on the Edge. We’ve been doing mostly speciality restaurants this week - Finecut on the first night, Eden tonight, and Rooftop Grill tomorrow night. We did eat in Luminia last night though which was very good. 

I will say that everywhere we ate, they did give out physical menus - you can always look up the menu in advance on the app but you don’t have to be fully dependent on your phone. The only true “restriction” is that you still can’t serve yourself at ocean view other than that it feels pretty normal. 

The ship looks fantastic and the crew have been really amazing so far. 

We were on the Apex transatlantic.  For the first 8 or nine days, we had menus printed on paper.  Then they switched to the normal menus in the leather folder.  We asked about it and we’re told they were preparing for returning to normal menus when sailing in the Caribbean.  The food was fantastic in the four included restaurants.  No need to spend money for specialty restaurants.  Staff was great.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NavyCruiser said:

We both had our 3rd booster shot last week, so no issues with being vaccinated.

But we still need to get PCR tested 3 days before boarding Apex in Ft Laud in Jan 2022...?

Thanks,

2 days for adults. I board Thursday and today was the earliest we could test. 

• Like 1