No more Peartini?

neverlaysup

DW was recently on the Millie (end of Sept) and at the Martini bar, they said Celebrity would no longer be serving the Peartini. We were on Equinox in early September and drank them like water so this would be upsetting if they went away. We will sail again on Silhouette in November and are looking forward to the Martini bar and hopefully some Peartinis. Does anybody know if the other ships are still serving them?

Thank you!

10 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

They must not be able to get the pear vodka anymore. I can’t drink them because I can only drink certain kinds of vodka, and gray goose isn’t one of them. I have heard they are delicious tho!

Grey goose made a pear flavored vodka but I have not seen it recently so probably discontinued. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

I saw La Poire on sale for 50% off at Total Wine recently so I imagine they can't get it anymore. The only other pear flavor I commonly see in stores is Absolut and it is terrible. 

They seem to be discontinuing the GG flavored vodkas. Black cherry was the worst. 

15 minutes ago, kathynorth said:

I would think a peartini could be made with pear juice.

It's really supposed to be, but would take them too long to properly prepare one at a bar to make it worth the money.  Just peeling and coring the pears, much less the time to puree them with other ingredients would slow them down.

If you like them and would be willing to spend the time it takes, there are some good recipes out there for home use that use ripe pears and a splash of lime juice.  Check out one from Giada De Laurentiis.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, MACruisers said:

Or simply stock pre-bottled pear juice available in most grocery stores

That's the best option and easy enough to do.  I noticed my local liquor store just stocks the regular grey goose and in others I have seen the lemon flavor. They keep track of sales and if not enough revenue they discontinue. 

12 hours ago, kathynorth said:

I would think a peartini could be made with pear juice.

We had a fantastic mixologist on Liberty of the Seas that made one by muddling a canned pear.  I'm not much for fruity drinks, but I enjoyed that one very much.  Delicious.

• Like 1