Beverage Package Pricing

njkate

1 hour ago, The Grumpus said:

I noticed today that I was allowed to purchase the Deluxe Beverage Package for myself only.  On past cruises they've always made my wife purchase it too since we're both over 21.

Do they now allow individual purchase or maybe another RCCL website glitch?

I noticed that yesterday with the non-alcoholic packages but figured that was just because it's non-alcoholic. Is it usually that way for all packages? 

12 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Likely the latter - not allowed in the planner for me.

I'm thinking glitch too.  I spoke to someone else on my sailing who got it yesterday.  She said she spoke to RCCL about it because she was concerned she would be charged once on the ship. They told her once the order was completed, they won't change or charge her for it later. 

1 minute ago, The Grumpus said:

They told her once the order was completed, they won't change or charge her for it later. 

Though they could cancel it once they fix the glitch, so that if you try to rebuy, it will force you to buy for both - unlikely RCI would bother.

I still can't get over the pricing of the beverage package on Royal.

I just did a mock booking on Celebrity Apex, and one on the Allure of the seas. Both 7 days, to the Eastern Caribbean next year, same dates.

On the Apex on a Veranda, with the Always included package, the price worked out to be 2907.90 (so that includes the cruise, tips, WiFi and beverage package for 2), On the Allure for an oceanview balcony, the cruise price was 1571.00, Add tips + 385.00, then add the cheapest I have seen on the planner (70.00 per day for the drink and Voom combo) for the 7 days for 2, and we are now at 2897.64. Just 10 bucks cheaper than the Celebrity Apex (A beautiful new ship) vs the Allure who is starting to show her age. (But still a great ship), so basically I think the beverage package is needs to be tamed down a lot before I consider it, or please Royal, make a bundle like 400-500 per person, for drinks, wifi and tips, that can be chosen at booking.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Grumpus said:

I noticed today that I was allowed to purchase the Deluxe Beverage Package for myself only.  On past cruises they've always made my wife purchase it too since we're both over 21.

Do they now allow individual purchase or maybe another RCCL website glitch?

Not generally.