Best time to book a cruise

db51

I want to book an extra cabin on Sky Princess so that my daughters can come on a cruise with us, however the price for an inside cabin at the moment is the same as that of a mini suite when I booked. The cruise is in 5 months time and most of the balcony cabins are sold, but there are 22% of the inside cabins left. The price seems to be going up by £100 weekly (or in fact daily last week) is it worth waiting - does anyone have any idea if they will come down? ( Does Princess do Black Friday or lower prices at the 90 day mark?) Any help by experienced Princess cruisers would be appreciated.

You are to some extent stuck with a specific date insofar as you are committed to going already and want to add an extra cabin on that sailing.  Prices tend to go up and down and it is not entirely predictable.  You might find due to the fact that cruising confidence is increasing and the cruise line is filling a 3500 pax capacity ship with just 1700 pax.  If you leave it too late you may totally miss out.

If the prices were cheaper when you booked and they have increased enormously I should phone Carnival House and enquire about moving up to a mini-suite or suite and see if you can amend the booking in this way but adding two pax to the cabin. If they wont accept this at a reasonable rate ask about a second cabin.  It may be possible to amend a single cabin into two cabins with original occupants splitting on paper ending one in each but then adding one extra pax to each of those cabins. This might be regarded as different from booking a new cabin from scratch now.  Historically pricing for amendments has been at the originally booked fare rates which for you is low.  They typically go up nearer sailing unless the ship is hard to fill.

Regards John