Royal UP success

mcaron

Just received an email that our Royal Up was accepted. The new cabin assignment has been updated online and in the Royal APP however, luggage tags still list old cabin number. Does anyone know how we go about getting new luggage tags?

2 minutes ago, mcaron said:

Just received an email that our Royal Up was accepted. The new cabin assignment has been updated online and in the Royal APP however, luggage tags still list old cabin number. Does anyone know how we go about getting new luggage tags?

Call RC and ask them to reissue your luggage tags.

6 minutes ago, mcaron said:

It took about 2 days for the luggage tags to update in my docs when I got my Royal Up upgrade.  

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, mcaron said:

If I may ask, how far out are you from your cruise?

6 minutes ago, KBRADFORD79 said:

Congratulations! Woot Woot!!! Are you able to share more details of your Royal Up Success? I’m a diamond member and recently did a guarantee cabin and wondering should I depend on my status or place a bid for a nice(r) cabin. 😅 Thanks! 

I would be hesitant to depend on C&A status for a free upgrade at the port if you want an upgrade. Especially if you are looking for bumping up to a suite class cabin.

I would try my luck with Royal Up. If that does not work out you can then cross your fingers for a C&A status upgrade at port.

Edited by binro01
  • Like 1

To Answer some of the questions: Been cruising with Royal since 1988 and a Diamond + member, we have never received an upgrade from Royal so I would not rely on a Comp upgrade at the Pier- Would recommend Royal UP.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, KBRADFORD79 said:

Congratulations! Woot Woot!!! Are you able to share more details of your Royal Up Success? I’m a diamond member and recently did a guarantee cabin and wondering should I depend on my status or place a bid for a nice(r) cabin. 😅 Thanks! 

I'm not sure if you're comment "depend on my status" is talking about the upgrade fairy calling or something else.  Since Royal got on the Royal Up bandwagon I haven't heard of anyone getting the upgrade fairy call.  If anyone has heard of that call still going out, please let us know.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, deliver42 said:

Wait tillyou get to the port. The porters will have a manifest with the room numbers, and put on the tags.

On our Harmony cruise from Barcelona last month, the line to have tags put on luggage was really long. As we’d already printed ours and attached them, we were able to bypass the line, hand our luggage off and go straight to check in.