Specialty Dining Reservations

WildBlueYonder64

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to make a reservation in the Steakhouse for a party of 16.  Does anyone know how to do this ?  Do I have to wait until I board?  I would like to do it ahead of time so I can be assured of a table or 2 together.  It is for a 50th birthday party.

49 minutes ago, callypso said:

I would like to make a reservation in the Steakhouse for a party of 16.  Does anyone know how to do this ?  Do I have to wait until I board?  I would like to do it ahead of time so I can be assured of a table or 2 together.  It is for a 50th birthday party.

That large is group dining and they make you pay up front now.

1 hour ago, callypso said:

Go online and see if you can book it - and yes, they do make you pay at the time of the online reservation @ $38 pp.

You can try and book the same day/time for 16 and contact the Steakhouse upon boarding to link your group. They need to make arrangements for groups of 10/more.

If money is no object, double down and book a special Chefs Table for your party. It is $75pp or $95pp on some ships.

On 11/8/2021 at 12:17 PM, tinkr2 said:

That large is group dining and they make you pay up front now.

The only current way to do it in advance is to have each cabin make their own reservation and then go to the Steakhouse on embarkation day and combine the bookings.  

1 hour ago, stellarose said:

sorry auto correct. cucina.  my bad.

Cucina is not available to book until dinner time onboard.  Once there, it is a simple matter to get a spot.  The app is used for everything and you can check in for a table while in your cabin once the dinner times open (roughly 5:30 PM).  No reservations, but check in when ready to eat for ATD dining.  

Worked great last week.

On 10/27/2021 at 6:28 PM, modes said:

No you don’t have to wait till you board.

Yes you do.  Cucina is different on the MG than on the other ships.  It is a 15.00 upcharge on some of the ships, but Cucina as well as Chibang are extensions of the MDR on the MG and as such are free and reservations can't be made until the day of onboard.

31 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Cucina as well as Chibang are extensions of the MDR on the MG and as such are free and reservations can't be made until the day of onboard.

From what I've seen stated here, it's only an extension of the dining room if you choose Your Time Dining. Want to skip the main dining room one night and go to Cucina or Chabang? Fine, if you're in the YTD dining room. But if you're in traditional dining room you only can go to Cucina or Chabang if there are leftover slots after the YTD people get their choice.

What's with that?

On 10/27/2021 at 6:00 PM, WildBlueYonder64 said:

We're booked on a B2B on the Mardi Gras in February, and are wanting to make reservations at Cucina for Valentine's Day.  It's not showing up along with the other specialty dining options, do we have to wait until we're onboard to make reservations at Cucina?

What is Cucina?

33 minutes ago, Earthworm Jim said:

From what I've seen stated here, it's only an extension of the dining room if you choose Your Time Dining. Want to skip the main dining room one night and go to Cucina or Chabang? Fine, if you're in the YTD dining room. But if you're in traditional dining room you only can go to Cucina or Chabang if there are leftover slots after the YTD people get their choice.

What's with that?

I don't make the rules, I just play the game.  If you have traditional late seating, you're fine, just check in at 800.  The only problem is if you have traditional early seating.  Then you have to shift your dining from 600 to checking in after 730 if you wish to go to Cucina or Chibang.

10 minutes ago, stellarose said:

well maybe cucina if open for embarkation lunch. 

Only open on sea days.  Not embarkation day.  Same with Chibang.  Go to seaday brunch early for breakfast, then either of the other two for lunch.  The lunch menu has mozzarella sticks and a tomato soup as apps in addition to the pasta options.

54 minutes ago, Earthworm Jim said:

Officially "Cucina del Capitano".  Captain's Kitchen.

Yes, of course you are correct. It's been so long since I've been on a cruise ship, or looked on Cruise Critic I don't remember anything with complete clarity any more.

• Like 1