Crosswords/daily paper

Bin man

27 minutes ago, Bin man said:

Are they still doing daily crosswords ,suduko,and daily papers onboard? if anybody knows please 

They were available on Britannia & Iona staycruises - you just had to find them as they never seemed to be in the same place two days running 😄!  No doubt someone who has been on a more recent international cruise will tell you if they are still available.

Bin Man. Yes they are still doing the daily paper and the crossword, but sadly no sudoku. There were no port guides either and we never got a Cruise Log. Disappointed about the loss of the Cruise Log because I like to save them and look at the now and again. As veteran cruisers we were quite disappointed at some of the changes, i.e having to ask the cabin  steward for hair conditioner and body lotion. We also had to ask for wash cloths (which turned out to be wash rags). The hand towels were very old and thin, which meant that in the morning, with no turndown service being offered, they were often still quite damp. I could go on. In my opinion too much penny pinching which could not be attributed to Covid. I know you only asked about Sudoku, but !!!!!!

• Like 1

Thankyou for the reply .Yes you forget all those little things like the cruise log .No sweets now ,no chocolates and what about the  flower in the cabin bet that's gone as well and maybe even on the mdr tables .Will have to make a list as we go through  the cruise .Many thanks once again 

On last Ventura cruise newspaper and crosswords were available every day in the library.

We also got a paper copy of the menu in MDR to choose your meal which you could take away,,,also got a copy of the Cruise Log delivered on the last night.

If you ask they will also give you a paper copy of the beer list in the Exchange to take away and peruse.

Missed the Horse Racing night in the pub though.

Edited by JeanieC,Aston

21 hours ago, Bin man said:

Thankyou for the reply .Yes you forget all those little things like the cruise log .No sweets now ,no chocolates and what about the  flower in the cabin bet that's gone as well and maybe even on the mdr tables .Will have to make a list as we go through  the cruise .Many thanks once again 

No flowers on Iona on the 29 September cruise.

23 hours ago, Bin man said:

We have sweets

Chocolates

Flowers

All on Ventura now.

Along with daily paper and Sudoku

And of cruise log at the end of N121.

Gan Canny

Dai

Edited by daiB

18 hours ago, Denarius said:

Can live without the cruise log, sudoko and crossword but I found the port guides invaluable when visiting an unfamiliar port.

Some folk at the next table in Java asked if we would like their paper as they had finished doing the crossword. We politely declined.🤣

23 hours ago, LynnForestgate said:

May I ask if you would do any research prior to the cruise commencing ?

I find it both exciting and informative.

Yes, I do. I have numerous guidebooks I have collected over years of travelling and I also find the internet an invaluabe resource. But I find the P&O port guides useful to take ashore.

• Like 2

On 10/29/2021 at 7:58 PM, terrierjohn said:

OK for suite passengers, but what about us riff-raff in steerage.

Only chocolates for us posh folk only. Everyone gets the rest.

Even riff-raff. Like John

🙂