Validation Of Vaccine Record

Anton

5 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Why would you upload your new card that (1) you know looks suspicious and (2) for a date check does not pass the 2-week post-shot requirement? You are Fully Vaccinated after 2 shots. No one needs to disclose their booster status.... at least for now. 

The booster will be 17 days prior by boarding day.  The new card is now my proof not the old one.  Just trying to be honest with them.

Edited by Anton

10 hours ago, PEBBarney said:

Not a problem at all.  We cruise on the Oasis on Nov 28th.

My wife's vaccination card is handwritten and mine has stickers that show the date, manufacturer and batch.

Same here except my husbands first one is written and second one is the sticker !

2 hours ago, Anton said:

The booster will be 17 days prior by boarding day.  The new card is now my proof not the old one.  Just trying to be honest with them.

But RC doesn't care about boosters (right now at least) so you're not being dishonest by not showing the booster

One of the quickest ways to get a response from RCI is to send a message to the RCI Twitter account.  They have been helpful in the past but not this morning.  I asked if they had a problem with my vaccine card and thought it was fraudulent.  The response was “sorry for the confusion, you’ll be updated if more information is needed”.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, JTJT1 said:

Where are you able to upload the vaccine card? We leave in two weeks, and I do not see any place on the app or the website to upload a picture of the card?

If your sailing is set up for it, the vaccine card upload is in the check-in area on the Royal App.  It's one of four sections to complete.  Not all ships are doing it as far as I can tell.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, doug618 said:

Does anyone know if RCI will accept the NYS Excelsior Pass as valid proof of COVID vaccination?

They will not let the way their rules are written. Electronic record where the country policy is for electronic records.  It does not say anything about state policies. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-documents-are-accepted-as-proof-of-vaccination

My wife's card did not have the lot number on it, so she got copes of the state database info for both of us.

Did not need it, but I have it now and will take it along for future cruises as long as we are in the Covid era of travel.

1 hour ago, Junkhouse said:

We uploaded ours on the APP but at 4 or 5 stations someone physically looked at our cards before we could board. Test results at least twice.

That's the norm.  I was surprised I only had to show the card three times boarding Allure a couple weeks ago.  I'm glad I have a plastic protection case for my card.

On 10/28/2021 at 7:10 PM, Zingy2 said:

I am curious to know how "precisely" RCCL "Validates" an individuals submitted Vaccination card information, especially if the information is not uploaded into any local city, county, state, federal or international database, where it can then be accessed by authorized entities for validation.  This could prove to be problematic down the road for folks (Anton's situation being a prime example), where individuals are updating their vaccination cards with booster information, or having their cards replicated/replaced for bona fide reasons.  There are also locales around the country/world which do not have organized registry's that track an individual's vaccination status.  The only "official record" a person would have is their CDC COVID vaccination card. How, precisely, would RCCL validate that as well.

Mine was uploaded to the CDC and the state of NH

On 10/28/2021 at 7:10 PM, Zingy2 said:

I am curious to know how "precisely" RCCL "Validates" an individuals submitted Vaccination card information, especially if the information is not uploaded into any local city, county, state, federal or international database, where it can then be accessed by authorized entities for validation.  This could prove to be problematic down the road for folks (Anton's situation being a prime example), where individuals are updating their vaccination cards with booster information, or having their cards replicated/replaced for bona fide reasons.  There are also locales around the country/world which do not have organized registry's that track an individual's vaccination status.  The only "official record" a person would have is their CDC COVID vaccination card. How, precisely, would RCCL validate that as well.

I believe while there is NOT, at least to the Public's knowledge a vaccination database, there certainly is a centralized vaccine serial number database. So it's possible/likely, they are checking whether that serial number exists first and then that it hasn't already been claimed by someone else in their system.

Edited by coldflame

23 minutes ago, coldflame said:

I believe while there is NOT, at least to the Public's knowledge a vaccination database, there certainly is a centralized vaccine serial number database. So it's possible/likely, they are checking whether that serial number exists first and then that it hasn't already been claimed by someone else in their system.

Hundreds, if not thousands, of doses all have the same lot number; they aren’t unique in any way. 

Edited by not-enough-cruising
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Hundreds, if not thousands, of doses all have the same lot number; they aren’t unique in any way. 

True, but the lot number should match up quite closely with the dates that the shots were administered and where (which state) and when the lot was distributed. If someone shows up with a vaccination card with shot dates in August from Alabama with a lot number that expired in May and was distributed to Nevada in January, there will probably be some explaining to do...

• Like 1

On 10/29/2021 at 1:54 PM, JTJT1 said:

Where are you able to upload the vaccine card? We leave in two weeks, and I do not see any place on the app or the website to upload a picture of the card?

Use your phone to take a photo. Front and back then attach it through the app.

There is a national Vaccine data base that your PCP can use. If you have a "My Charts' account through any Hospital or Doctor that is connected to EPICs. (EPIC is a system that allows communication amoung ALL connected Hospitals and providers) You can log in and find the Vaccine section. From here you can click up load and your COVID record will be up load into My charts from the data base mentioned above. Been here done that!

1 hour ago, Medic5emt said:

There is a national Vaccine data base that your PCP can use. If you have a "My Charts' account through any Hospital or Doctor that is connected to EPICs. (EPIC is a system that allows communication amoung ALL connected Hospitals and providers) You can log in and find the Vaccine section. From here you can click up load and your COVID record will be up load into My charts from the data base mentioned above. Been here done that!

There is not a National vaccine database in the US

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Medic5emt said:

Works if your vaccine provider uses the system.  It’s a private company available to doctors in the US. I wouldn’t call it a national registry. 

• Like 1