St Maarten & the Virgin Islands with free air!

Ski Mom 2

Oops! I did it again!

Chatting with my GF who just happens to be my TA yesterday (we were moving our May 2022 Classic Italy & Dalmatian Coast cruise to September 2023 after having originally booked it for September 2021) when she tells me they are heading to St Maarten in January/February 2022 and would we like to join her and her husband on a cruise? Since I have been thinking about cruising again almost non-stop I gently brought it up with my darling husband who said, "When?"!

So we are booked on Star Legend St Maarten & the Virgin Island on February 5, 2022! And then my TA says to me, can you get to Miami? Why yes I can I say and she says...FREE AIR! What? Since when does WS give free air? Since on certain cruises that depart from St Maarten for a short amount of time she says but hey, I'll take it!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ski Mom 2 said:

Oops! I did it again!

Chatting with my GF who just happens to be my TA yesterday (we were moving our May 2022 Classic Italy & Dalmatian Coast cruise to September 2023 after having originally booked it for September 2021) when she tells me they are heading to St Maarten in January/February 2022 and would we like to join her and her husband on a cruise? Since I have been thinking about cruising again almost non-stop I gently brought it up with my darling husband who said, "When?"!

So we are booked on Star Legend St Maarten & the Virgin Island on February 5, 2022! And then my TA says to me, can you get to Miami? Why yes I can I say and she says...FREE AIR! What? Since when does WS give free air? Since on certain cruises that depart from St Maarten for a short amount of time she says but hey, I'll take it!

Sounds great! Did you book with Windstar directly or can this be done with an online booking company? Also, do you have any idea of what the COVID testing protocols are for pre and post cruise, ie. flying back from St. Martin to Miami? Thank you.

In the past I have always called Windstar direct and booked our cruises. Since I met my friend Colleen on our last WS cruise and she is a travel agent I have let her handle our reservations (with a lot of input for me🤣). 

At this point in time I am not worrying about what the requirements will be. Each country makes their own rules so to speak and WS must follow what they say. Once we are closer to our sail we will see what the requirements will be. 

We are just excited to have a cruise to look forward to that’s sooner rather than later!

4 hours ago, HuliHuli said:

Don't be fooled.  Fares have increased for these sailings by $600-700 over similar cruises this past summer.  Included air, yes; free air, NO!

Cruise fares have been rising for quite a while. We have had our eye on this cruise for many months. Our Mediterranean cruise has steadily risen from when we originally booked it. Moving it also cost us more money but that’s the way it goes. 

When we looked at this cruise at this point in time, the fare is the same regardless whether you use the air from Miami or not. So in our book that’s free air today. I did price out air and it would be close to $1000 pp so I’ll take their “free air.” To each their own on how you want to make it work for you. Happy cruising!