Belize Excursion: Private Cave Tube and Zipline Questions

imapilotaz

Carnival is offering for $30 more per person a “private” cave tubing and zip lining excursion in Belize but it doesnt say anything on what the “private” means. Is it the van/bus or is it the group in the caves or what? We have 7 of us (so itd be $210 more) but if we are truly private, itd be completely worth it.

anyone know what this is?

I haven’t done a carnival ‘private’ tour so could only speculate. My expectation would certainly be a van and guide for only my group. But keep in mind that many tour groups use the same cave tubing and ziplining experience. So while I would expect your group to be the only tubes tethered together. There will still be other groups at both locations.

2 hours ago, sanger727 said:

I haven’t done a carnival ‘private’ tour so could only speculate. My expectation would certainly be a van and guide for only my group. But keep in mind that many tour groups use the same cave tubing and ziplining experience. So while I would expect your group to be the only tubes tethered together. There will still be other groups at both locations.

Oh yeah, we fully expect the cave to be full as hell, as always. This will be #3 or 4 for some of us in the group doing this (first time was 18 years ago...jesus where has time gone?). I would prefer the rope tied to just our group (zero desire to be tied to some stranger 18 inches from me) and the van to/from would be nice that way as well.  

2 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

If this is NOT a bubble tour, then go out to the Belize board and check out "true" private vendors like CaveTubing R Us and Cavetubing .biz.

Yeah, no chance in hell I'm doing a cave tubing private, with a 90 minute drive each way. While it's likely to be fine, we've seen people left first hand when they did a private tubing and their car broke down.  I have no problem doing a private excursion (and do them often) when in the vicinity of the dock, but 90 minute bus ride means the chance of getting stuck goes way past my comfort level.   But thanks for the suggestion.