Sky Princess D122

teenieleek

I have just upgraded to this for a cruise in 2023 having had a lovely penthouse suite on recent Regal trip.  Unbelievably (to me at least) there was very little left to choose from so I went for this one.  It’s a premium suite, a penthouse was another £3000!  My thinking was a big balcony might not be much use on a TA.  However the room looks a bit odd, interesting sloping window in bedroom area (front facing) which is large but sitting area looks tight and the balcony tighter.  If anyone has sailed in this cabin could you tell me about it please and did you like it?

This will be a narrow balcony. You can compare it to the larger ones on the Dolphin deck. Also,you can find a tour of D122 on the Regal on Youtube. the bank not looks pretty tight. I know we would use our balcony on a TA but would not choose a forward balcony due to the wind factor.

I have never had a front facing balcony, but have read that they lock the balcony door on sea days so it is not accessible for safety reasons.  I can only imagine trying to open your cabin door at the same time the balcony door was open would be very unsafe.  You may want to ask others or check with Princess directly on this one.  It would be quite a disappointment to expect to be using your balcony while on a transatlantic crossing.  I know we sure enjoyed using ours on our transatlantic!

The doors are NOT locked! We have been in a forward cabin on the Lido deck on the Regal. The only request and totally necessary is to close your drapes completely at night, otherwise it interferes with the Bridge. If you leave your cabin, then you shut the doors/ slider.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...