Entertainment on board.

JeanieC,Aston

51 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I was hoping they had re-started offering chicken breast burgers in the lido grill. Last cruise we were on the chicken at the lido was thighs, which are a bit crunchy when you put them in a bap.

They had something like that up in the dome. I couldn't find the cockle stall, but they also had some nice pizza slices.

4 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Got it in one! Or Deptford High Street. P&O is changing fast. The more I read about what’s happening now the less inclined I feel to return.

I've always thought that Iona and Arvia would be game-changers for the P&O style but also think that at present it is difficult to know how things will settle down post-Covid. I very much hope that the 'Iona-style' won't be adopted across the fleet, especially aboard Aurora and Arcadia. That may however be a forlorn hope if it saves money.

If the profit margins on the new ships are significantly higher then sadly I feel that P&O will come under increasing pressure from Carnival Corp to dispose of the two smaller ships, making it easier to operate the same style and standards fleet wide.

6 minutes ago, Britboys said:

I've always thought that Iona and Arvia would be game-changers for the P&O style but also think that at present it is difficult to know how things will settle down post-Covid. I very much hope that the 'Iona-style' won't be adopted across the fleet, especially aboard Aurora and Arcadia. That may however be a forlorn hope if it saves money.

If the profit margins on the new ships are significantly higher then sadly I feel that P&O will come under increasing pressure from Carnival Corp to dispose of the two smaller ships, making it easier to operate the same style and standards fleet wide.

That, I think, is the inevitable outcome. It will suit the vast majority of new cruisers, but those who preferred a gentler, more civilised, P&O will perhaps look elsewhere. Who knows?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, molecrochip said:

Pulse is now the name of the house band on most of the family ships. There is no permanent lineup and I believe the singers and musicians can move between the different versions of the band/ships depending upon their contract.

That said, often the band will change at the same time so far chance of them returning together.

Thanks for the info,,,,it does make me feel short changed though.

Three years ago they were a brilliant 8 piece band,now on Ventura they are a 6 piece run of the mill ordinary band.

P&O must have got the idea from the many versions of The Drifters in Majorca years ago,,lol.

These are the original Pulse,,,last week only the guy on the left still there.

D926FD23-AE7C-4916-AB46-FC5D5275F404.jpeg.3ee3a8da179a69c890d82998f1ac0b6a.jpeg

Edited by JeanieC,Aston

They Quays is a great place for lunch on Iona.  The fish and chips were the best,  the Asian Fusion was too.   Believe it or not, the Southern Fried Chicken was a lot better than KFC.  It wasn't a tacky place either, similar to the buffet in atmosphere.

Well worth a visit.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, indiana123 said:

They Quays is a great place for lunch on Iona.  The fish and chips were the best,  the Asian Fusion was too.   Believe it or not, the Southern Fried Chicken was a lot better than KFC.  It wasn't a tacky place either, similar to the buffet in atmosphere.

Well worth a visit.

+1 for the Quays… We only tried the Katsu Curry and breakfast so we’ll definitely be back there on G138 at the end of November!!

23 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Got it in one! Or Deptford High Street. P&O is changing fast. The more I read about what’s happening now the less inclined I feel to return.

I forget to mention, they had doner kebabs in the buffet at late night snacks!  Sweet chilli sauce instead of kebab shop sauce, but very tasty nonetheless.

Just need a few people sleeping in doorways to complete the just like back home atmosphere!

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

I forget to mention, they had doner kebabs in the buffet at late night snacks!  Sweet chilli sauce instead of kebab shop sauce, but very tasty nonetheless.

Just need a few people sleeping in doorways to complete the just like back home atmosphere!

Didn't see that, but will look out next time. Nice to see a few different things. Back in the old days, a Wimpy on the way home for a special treat.🤣

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Britboys said:

It would be nice if they were all a bit different. Some folk like traditional, some don't. To each their own.

• Like 1