MSC Shore Excursions and Transfers

tkwbear

For other cruise lines you can usually book transfers, but none are shown on the website. I can make it to the ship easily in Miami, but I will need a transfer to get to the Orlando airport from Port Canaveral. I called MSC today and the guy acted like he had never heard of such a thing, but eventually found it is $24 but no had details. If you have disembarked in Port Canaveral from MSC, can you tell me the approximate time you exited the ship and how long the transfer to Orlando took. The idiots at United told me today I can only check my bags within 1 hour of flying, which I know is wrong, but I moved my flight up a few hours anyway. HAL usually offers mini tours and airport transfers as a package, any ideas on whether MSC does the same thing?

I'm comfortable with the shore excursions in most ports, but curious about Nassau and especially, Ocho Rios. I'm good with walking a mile or so, but doing hills or rapids is not going to happen. Any suggestions for shore excursions would be appreciated!

• Like 1

MSC customer service is hit or miss.  I know they offer transfers but you do have to call for them. There are no transfer/sightseeing packages.   GoPort offers a transfer shuttle for 19.95.  They are supposed to start shuttling within an hour of first passenger debarkation, but last week they actually didn't leave until close to 9 though self-debark folks started leaving the ship at 7:15.    It took about 45 minutes to get to MCO and we were all dropped at the same terminal (A, I think) which involved a bit of walking if your airline was out of Terminal B.

Its always a bit of a crapshoot when Customs clears the ship - but our schedule had everyone exiting the ship no later than 9 am, I think - and if you had an early flight, the first baggage tag folks were debarking around 7:30.

Do keep in mind we were cruising at about 35% capacity, so more passengers might mean a longer wait to debark.

My airline (American) won't take bags more than 4 hours before the flight.  I got around that by going standby on an earlier flight (they allow free same day standby/changes) which allowed me to check my bag.  I didn't get a seat on that plane, but my luggage did which meant it was waiting for me when I got home on my original flight.  I found MCO to be very crowded and a lot of kids around(to be expected, I guess) so I bought a one day pass to my airlines club and spent a much quieter morning/afternoon waiting for my flight.  I imagine United offers the same thing.

Can't speak to your excursion questions as my itinerary was Mexico.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, morrieb1 said:

There are no transfer/sightseeing packages. 

Oh yes, MSC is offering this in some ports if you fly in the afternoon. 

3 hours ago, tkwbear said:

Any suggestions for shore excursions would be appreciated!

Just download the excursions PDF for your cruise. They have the 3 finger system to show the "difficulty level", you should be comfortable with one or two fingers 😉 

Hi Perakcruiser,

I was responding specifically to Port Canaveral and Orlando airport...and my information came from a MSC rep that I spoke with on Thursday.  If you have different information for that port, I'd appreciate details because as it stands right now, I'll be spending quite a bit of time sitting in the airport.

Thanks

Depends when you are sailing.  Our recent trip was only about 25% full and exiting Divinia at PC was super easy.  Sounds like you are on Mera though.

From YC to curb maybe 10 minutes.  We were last few off ship around 9.  Waiting area outside was a ghost town with maybe ten people.  We did a lift although there was private minivans there.  Didn't see any shuttles but we also didn't research in advance.

PC to MCO 45-60 minutes.  

We flew AA and tried to check bags in 4 hours 5 minutes and no go, system can't do that.

Security seemed as long as previous before covid.