Galveston hotel parking safety

BeetRed

Hello Everyone!  This is the first time I'm sailing from Galveston and was planning to use a stay, park and cruise hotel to leave my car while on the cruise.  But I've heard that there is a lot of vandalism and it isn't safe to leave cars in "unattended" lots.  Does anyone have any advice?  Thanks!

15 hours ago, BeetRed said:

Hello Everyone!  This is the first time I'm sailing from Galveston and was planning to use a stay, park and cruise hotel to leave my car while on the cruise.  But I've heard that there is a lot of vandalism and it isn't safe to leave cars in "unattended" lots.  Does anyone have any advice?  Thanks!

If you are staying in a hotel motel over night you may have same exposure. 

On 10/30/2021 at 8:17 PM, BeetRed said:

Hello Everyone!  This is the first time I'm sailing from Galveston and was planning to use a stay, park and cruise hotel to leave my car while on the cruise.  But I've heard that there is a lot of vandalism and it isn't safe to leave cars in "unattended" lots.  Does anyone have any advice?

I use PortParking ( PortParking.com ) primarily because they have indoor parking, and the building is closed which alleviates my Hail and criminal activities concerns, and I take my keys with me. The building appears somewhat elevated which may inhibit flooding. I have much less concern for my car while cruising, and they have shuttle service.

• 3 weeks later...

This thread is such a broad sweep statement about activities. Yes it can happen, but it happens everywhere anytime any place . Not just on this island .

If you are that concerned , determine a paid lot that has security and high elevation to avoid flooding. 

Edited by ssb