Buffets

Pebbs48

16 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Is there generally a buffet open at dinner time. DW gets tired of being waited on and also really likes to make her own salad. We have an 11 day cruise booked for 2023 on the (not yet built) Prima, and I know she will want to eat at least 1 or 2 if not more dinners at a buffet.

Yes, NCL's buffet is open for dinner, and we will often have a dinner or two there on a cruise (depending on length).  At some point, we just need a break from a served, sit-down, longish meal. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Is there generally a buffet open at dinner time. DW gets tired of being waited on and also really likes to make her own salad. We have an 11 day cruise booked for 2023 on the (not yet built) Prima, and I know she will want to eat at least 1 or 2 if not more dinners at a buffet.

I can't think of a time the buffet hasn't been open for dinner. There may be instances, but it would be unusual conditions I'd think. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Summerstravel said:

Hope it is ok to post a Buffet question here. 

What hours is the Buffet on most Norwegian ships usually open for breakfast, lunch and dinner?  

thank you

In general, the Garden Buffet is open for breakfast, lunch & dinner - not 24/7 but will close briefly in between meals to swap from breakfast to lunch, lunch to dinner and then several hours overnight when most people are sleeping.

4 hours ago, Shellbelle28 said:

I can't think of a time the buffet hasn't been open for dinner. There may be instances, but it would be unusual conditions I'd think. 

Yeah, but it is a question that comes up now since Royal has not opened their buffet for dinner. (1) not enough passengers on the ship and (2) since they have unvaxxed passengers, the buffets are not self serve, so you need additional servers to dish out the food. 

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Yeah, but it is a question that comes up now since Royal has not opened their buffet for dinner. (1) not enough passengers on the ship and (2) since they have unvaxxed passengers, the buffets are not self serve, so you need additional servers to dish out the food. 

Yet another reason for the cool kids to sail NCL. 😎

• Like 3

On 10/31/2021 at 8:24 PM, favoritevacation said:

We are just back from the celebrity edge …..at the buffet, they have the crew serving you. They hand you your plate and silverware. You go from station to station and simply ask for what you want, a little less or a little more. They are very accommodating. 

It was the same on the Encore in September and the Epic in October.  Crew were stationed at the entrance to the buffet directing you to the hand washing or sanitizing stations.  I never saw anyone actually body-blocked into the sink area, but the crew members made it obvious that they wanted EVERYONE to wash up before entering.  Other crew members stood at the beginning of the buffet area to hand out plates and silverware.  Passengers were not allowed to touch the serving utensils, so you would hold out your plate and a crew member would serve you.  They had crowd-control barriers to keep passengers away from the beverage stations, and a crew member pouring beverages and placing your glass on a tray for you.

On 11/5/2021 at 1:01 AM, BirdTravels said:

at least one passenger posted on FB that oasis started dinner oct 24

39 minutes ago, The Traveling Man said:

It was the same on the Encore in September and the Epic in October.  Crew were stationed at the entrance to the buffet directing you to the hand washing or sanitizing stations.  I never saw anyone actually body-blocked into the sink area, but the crew members made it obvious that they wanted EVERYONE to wash up before entering.  Other crew members stood at the beginning of the buffet area to hand out plates and silverware.  Passengers were not allowed to touch the serving utensils, so you would hold out your plate and a crew member would serve you.  They had crowd-control barriers to keep passengers away from the beverage stations, and a crew member pouring beverages and placing your glass on a tray for you.

I'm glad I sailed Encore in October instead.