Joy Entertainment

gatorchinsky

For those of you who are booked on the Joy leaving this month, we’re you able to book any entertainment or saw what was being offered?  We just booked for December 2021 and nothing shows up under entertainment.

I know the Joy has not sailed yet but I would have thought they would know what shows or other options they would have.

Allow me to give you an assumption and some history.  Just a few weeks ago, both Specialty Restaurants and Entertainment did not allow booking.  From a Restaurant standpoint, if you are booked in the Haven you can do your reservations 130 days out.  If you are in any other stateroom, it is 120 days out.  With no access, that was not easy either way.  Then, mysteriously the Restaurants showed up one day. 

On Entertainment, the whole reason for booking a reservation was because of the number of guests onboard.  Since these November and early December sailings will have between 50 to 70% guest count, the entertainment booking is not a priority any more.

The company that does all of NCL's shows are doing rehearsals and as told to me by an NCL representative, ready to go.  As a previous poster said, we can all book a reservation when we get onboard with no issue on dates or times.

Low guest rates on a large ship is a once in a life time opportunity.  I am looking forward to it. 

Cruise well everyone.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, kitty-sail said:

Sthrngary -  With a reduced capacity, it will be nice to not be bumping into people in the halls.  However, I do so like to meet new people while cruising.  So hope my cruise won't be too sparse. 

Agreed.  I agree so much that I had that very experience on a recent Crystal Cruise.  The ship held 980 and there was 225 on the ship.  I thought I would love it but I really wanted some energy and people around.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cruiserbear55 said:

Sthrngary-Just to clarify, club balcony suites can make restaurant and entertainment bookings 125 days out.

I thought is was 120, but 125 sounds logical.  The purpose for my post was more about when you go to your cruise online, it did not show up until recently.  Glad you clarified the Club Balcony Suite amenity.  Good to know.  Thank you.

Thanks for the responses.  It’s really not about actually booking shows it was more about if they would have the usual shows since the Joy has not been back in service.

We are really looking forward to this cruise and the thought of a very low capacity cruise is even better.

We are on Joy the week of Thanksgiving, and I was able to book dining easily with plenty of time slots open.  Looking forward to plenty of seating at shows, but might miss the big fun of a super-silly jam-packed dance contest.   (Or, maybe it'll be easier for my silly self to WIN!)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sue Do-Over said:

We are on Joy the week of Thanksgiving, and I was able to book dining easily with plenty of time slots open.  Looking forward to plenty of seating at shows, but might miss the big fun of a super-silly jam-packed dance contest.   (Or, maybe it'll be easier for my silly self to WIN!)

That is the attitude.  Attitude is everything on a cruise.  Please give us reports on your cruise since it is the first for the Joy and the week before I get on.  Thank you and enjoy.

Cruise well.