After the Cruise - late flight times

Huggsy

Excuse me if this has been raised before but after our cruise due next February we have a late flight home to the UK. We're wondering once we've disembarked the ship in Miami (which I assume to be early morning) as to what happens next. My TA said 'Regent won't just dump you at the airport that early.' I'm sceptical to say the least. Before I ring her and query this does anyone know otherwise or have had experience of this situation.

Thank you 

Having completed a New England in the Fall cruise in New York we were taken to the airport for an overnight flight to LHR. Regent organised a tour guide and we paid a visit to the World Trade Centre site and a short guided tour of New York. 
We did not have to kill much time at the airport and had a really interesting day. Hopefully you can enjoy something similar in Miami. 

We were on a Miami to Miami cruise with Regent a couple of years ago, and had an evening flight back to the UK. Regent organises excursions (at no extra charge) to help bridge the gap from getting off the ship until the flight. We enjoyed the open-top hop-on/hop-off bus tour of South Beach and other parts of the city. They then provided a coach to the airport. 

• Like 1

As @PurleyKing said, Regent tended to offer a HO-HO bus tour in Miami, including luggage storage and a transfer to the airport later in the day:

https://www.bigbustours.com/en/miami/ship-to-shore-miami/

From memory, no charge if you are using Regent flights.

You will only find out whether this is on offer when you are on board. Just ask Destination Services.

If Regent doesn’t provide any excursions in Miami before your late flight back to the UK I would do this.

Book an inexpensive hotel near the airport for the day.

Perhaps a Day Stay.

Then you have a room to store your luggage. Take an Uber to South Beach, Coral Gables or Coconut Grove.

Sightsee and have lunch. Go shopping.

Head back to your hotel . Relax, take a shower and take a cab to the airport.

Or… find a local tour company and plan a day in beautiful Miami!

• Like 1