Nov 6 Apex B2B East-West Caribbean Cruise

Ken the cruiser

46 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We don’t see any reference to any scuba diving excursions on this port call in Belize. We saw one or snorkeling excursions listed, but no scuba excursions.

OK.  Maybe they don't have that excursion up and running yet for your sailing.

image.png.7149a6285a9b10233c7f36843281f31c.png

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dazey said:

Ken, we are in an even cabin on Deck 6 and "judebarsto" was assigned an odd cabin which, as I understand, is the side the crew is staying in.  Could be why they were reassigned. I would not mind being moved as we have an obstructed view.  Maybe I will call and see if we can be switched.  Since it was a complimentary cruise I kind of feel I should be happy with what they gave us.

All we know is right now the hallway doors on deck 6 forward and aft, port and starboard, are all closed. But maybe on the next leg they’ll open up one side to passengers. As with everything nowadays, time will tell. 😎

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Well, if you enjoyed Eden on your July Edge cruise, you’re going to LOVE the Eden menu on the Apex! We were definitely not impressed with the very limited Eden evening menu on the Edge back on our August cruises. But then that was right in the middle of the Delta variant surge, so I’m sure the supply of ingredients were limited at best. 😎

We honestly think we are the only people who were seriously underwhelmed with Eden. We didn't think it was anything special at all, no ambiance, the gnocci starter was inedible .... the service was blunt to the point of being rude, because we only had the Classic drink package they gave us some really ropey wine... amazed that everyone else thinks it is so good!  We won't be wasting £55pp to try it again!

Loving your cruise review!  

• Like 1

Ken, how is your WiFi today?

It's absolutely brutal today in terms of WiFi speed even with streaming package. I am struggling to do just about anything.

Went down to the iLounge to see if anyone can do something about it but no one was there. My guess is that a lot of passengers have the same issue and the iLounge guy ran away 🤣

1 hour ago, little britain said:

We honestly think we are the only people who were seriously underwhelmed with Eden. We didn't think it was anything special at all, no ambiance, the gnocci starter was inedible .... the service was blunt to the point of being rude, because we only had the Classic drink package they gave us some really ropey wine... amazed that everyone else thinks it is so good!  We won't be wasting £55pp to try it again!

Loving your cruise review!  

Which ship were you on, Apex or Eden?

51 minutes ago, ETHTrader said:

It's absolutely brutal today in terms of WiFi speed even with streaming package. I am struggling to do just about anything.

Went down to the iLounge to see if anyone can do something about it but no one was there. My guess is that a lot of passengers have the same issue and the iLounge guy ran away 🤣

It stinks! I can’t even do a speed test let alone upload photos. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ETHTrader said:

It stinks! I can’t even do a speed test let alone upload photos. I wonder if the ship uses local Internet when in port?

Sailing on the December 20th sailing and have a couple of questions if by any odd chance you happen to run into a Maitre D.  Is there anywhere they will be publishing the menu for the bookable specialty dining for Christmas Eve and do they plan to have a Chef's Table (currently not displayed in cruise planner) and if so can you reserve in advance?  I haven't been able to find anything on the TA website either. 

On 11/14/2021 at 11:03 AM, Jim_Iain said:

Terry -  Have to agree with you.    The app isn't always the most intuitive but if you use it a little you get accustomed to it's little tricks.     One that would fool me was that on many screen there is a white arrow to get back to previous screen but often sits on a light or white area and you can't figure out how to get back. 

Another difficulty many have is to select a different ship or cruising.

Click top middle Icon (Calendar)

Go to very bottom and select Change Ship/Date

You will get a list of your reservations  Go to the very bottom

Choose Get more details on Ships we Support

Choose Ship

Choose Sailing

Thanks everyone for all the great tips! This is why I love Cruise Critic! Learn something new every day!

• Like 1

Here are the pictures I tried to load earlier. 

Crew helping to load folks from the Magic Carpet onto the tenders provided by the folks from Belize City. 

F1BAE192-688E-494A-958C-90E85D75D0D7.thumb.jpeg.95eacc6e24d96367b829740d52ba72ef.jpeg

If you look hard you can see the tender on its 40 minute run from the ship to Belize City. 

1F892CC8-0DCA-4370-910F-9C1514425425.thumb.jpeg.1ecbee5bdc949a820b7efaf15db77957.jpeg

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, EffortlessVoyages said:

Sailing on the December 20th sailing and have a couple of questions if by any odd chance you happen to run into a Maitre D.  Is there anywhere they will be publishing the menu for the bookable specialty dining for Christmas Eve and do they plan to have a Chef's Table (currently not displayed in cruise planner) and if so can you reserve in advance?  I haven't been able to find anything on the TA website either. 

The best suggestion I can give you is to (1) download the Celebrity App, (2) sign on with your Celebrity account login information, then (3) select the booked cruise you’re interested in and then (4) selection the Dining option at the bottom of the page and go from there. 

As far as booking the Chefs Table, if you can’t book it under Dining on your Personalizer, you’ll just have to wait until you’re on the ship and go to the Dining Reservations person on deck 3 as soon as you can to see if there are reservations still available. 

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nva said:

What’s been the attire on evening chic nights?  We’re sailing on Apex in a few weeks and this is our first Celebrity cruise.

I wear a button down long sleeve shirt, no tie, and slacks and my DW wears a comfortable dress. As far as what other folks are wearing, we really didn’t pay any attention, but I’m sure they dressed nicely. 😎

• Thanks 1

Another great night of entertainment!! First we had dinner at Eden where we both had the wonderful crab cake and my DW had the lobster casserole and I had the lamb. 

Then it was off to watch the 7:30 show, The Tree of Life. 

14209DEE-957C-46E1-9073-E7E5BD7E004A.thumb.jpeg.e3488f59aecd8bf609b2a83c77b8d6e5.jpegA19F63EF-91CC-4D63-8326-98465A2E5EFE.thumb.jpeg.3990d5ff879f1d64302b4fce1f64fca7.jpeg

Then it was off to the Yes or No game show in The Club!

541C24A9-4537-4ADE-980A-CA449F7ABDBD.thumb.jpeg.7c66db3991e75bd5bdea8d9aa9cce5bd.jpeg

Then finally back to Eden to watch Night of Dreams. 

119D5444-A36E-4CDA-B795-561B6E2886B0.thumb.jpeg.653bbdd30bffa74fc7e03e04f31fc68b.jpeg

E03E05D9-48FE-4740-B5E0-957B2AE44FD8.thumb.jpeg.cf87e59aebcf6442261f256920414d4c.jpeg

• Like 2

Ken, do they have different shows every evening at Eden, which ones did you like?

BTW, is Belize City always a 40 minute tender ride away or were you anchored far away?

Thanks for all the tidbits you're giving us, much appreciated 🙂 

• Thanks 1

Nice to see that there are shows in Eden.

When we were onboard Edge in September all we had, Which was great, were singers. They had three acts that performed individually then at the end of the night they all came together to perform.

Looking forward to seeing the shows while we are on Apex in February.

Cheers! 

3 hours ago, prish said:

Ken, do they have different shows every evening at Eden, which ones did you like?

BTW, is Belize City always a 40 minute tender ride away or were you anchored far away?

Thanks for all the tidbits you're giving us, much appreciated 🙂 

No, I think my DW said there were just 3 true production shows in the Eden and one in The Club later on. But there is a variety of live music offered on the other evenings in the Eden.

As far as the Belize tender goes, it’s been awhile since we’ve been here and I don’t remember if we tendered the last time we were here. It may also depend on the size of the ship as well, but the only 40 minute tender I can remember from previous Mexican cruises was in Cozumel when we would go on excursions on the mainland.